Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Long Range Bream Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Range Bream Fishing

I'm looking for a feeder rod capable of a long "Chuck" (over 70yds) but not a pool cue with eyes, i've been told to look at the carbonactive Dutch master range, has anyone used them.

Steve,
    For long range bream fishing I would recommend the Daiwa Connoissuer 11-13SWQ or Power over the Carbonactive. There is also an X-Power but I find the Power is strong enough and prefer to use the SWQ for breaming up to 70yards or so, and the Power for going further or fishing the method. There are also 12 ft versions but these I feel do not give the versatility of the 11-13's or the subtlety for bream and skimmers.

The Carbonactive is a great rod and fantastic on commercials but for launching feeder 70yards+ then the Conny is the tool for the job. Daiwa have also just released 2 versions of a 13>15 ft extension piece to make these rods up to 15ft. I haven't tried either of mine with the extension yet but seeing as I can get close to 100yards with it at 13ft, I'm sure it'll go further.

They may be pricey to buy (shop around or look on ebay) but they last forever and in all their versions have been recommended as the best buy for this sort of fishing.

Cheers,
    Stu
    A Southerner, lost in the Midlands. ;)

Comment

Thanks Stu, i'll give it a go. SteveG

Comment

The line and reel are just as important when trying to get those distances - what set up do you have?
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Have a look at the Garbolino G-series 13ft distance feeder or the newer Super-G
          I bought the G-series from Rugby tackle for £65(half price) as they are clearing them to stock the new super -G. They are like the old Normark 13fter with a push over hollow tip and 2 push in tips. A brilliant rod for the money.

Comment

Have you tried rocket feeders Stu? They make the job alot easier!
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Get yourself some braid and maybe a bigger spooled reel - job done

Comment

12ft shimano speedmaster, 8lb drennan braid, 8lb maxima and a 28grm fox finned maggot feeder should do 70yards comfortably

Comment

These will be the new feeder reels for distance Products

Comment

get some braid and a new reel with a bigger spool should handle it no problem
                    [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                    Guess who is back...
                    [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                    X