Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Which pole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pole?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new pole after having an 'accident' with my Maver Medusa!

I mainly fish canals but we swap over to commercials for a winter league so i need a good all round pole. I'd prefer a 16m pole although i will only use it a handful of times during the year.

I've read a bit about the different manufacturers and don't have a preference to which one, i've got a budget upto £1000.

Any advice is greatfully appreciated!

Cheers Mike

I'm really impressed with my Garbolino G796. It handles nicely right up to 16m and is great at 13m, it came with loads of top kits so you could easily cover light silvers and commercial elastics.
    Perhaps you should try looking at the replacement model, think it might be the G8.
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

maver's got a good selection

Comment

may be changing my maver comp371 soon,has 8 power kits and one match.
        [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by stevelockett View Post
          I'm really impressed with my Garbolino G796. It handles nicely right up to 16m and is great at 13m, it came with loads of top kits so you could easily cover light silvers and commercial elastics.
          Perhaps you should try looking at the replacement model, think it might be the G8.
          The replacement for the G796 is the GMAX 700, the Super G8 replaced the Super Legion. They are priced at circa £950 and £1500 respectively.

The Super Legion was a fantastic competition pole for the money, the Super G8 retains all the balance and lightness of the Super Legion but is a stronger pole that allows for stronger elastics.

I agree with Steve that the G796 is superb value and you might get a bargain as the GMAX 700 has only recently been released.

Of other manufacturers Maver (301, 351 381), Shimano (Aeronos) and Shakespeare (Superteam Competition) offer good all-round poles. The only way you can find what suits you is either preferably trying other anglers poles on the bank, or visiting a dealer or two.

Don't ignore the second hand market as you could pick up a fantastic bargain in some top end poles and look at the spares offered in both new and used poles.

Comment

Working...
          X