Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

gxr2000, G8 or TKS40?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gxr2000, G8 or TKS40?

Looking at buying either of the following:
    gxr2000
    G8
    TKS40
    Which do you think is a better buy and why. Go on. Be honest

daiwa g8 by a long way there amazin
    :DFishinG Is GooD,CatchinG Is BetteR:D

Comment

why is that methodmaster

Comment

depends what you want it for really ?

G8 is a good pole but you dont get many spares with it when bought new, The TKS has a big range of spares and has a good feeling when holding it. Not a lover of preston poles so cant comment.

You can get a good second hand g8 with good spares at the moment if you shop around. if you can save a bit more cash I would get a second hand tourny pro with spares seen quite a few go around the 1k mark recently. Better version of the g8 !

Id also look at at the sensas range great kit with a huge amount of kits good value for money.
        Last edited by Smudger; 6 September 2009, 01:58 PM.
        here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

woldent get a preston pole (made buy reglase) and preston are the new boys on the block when it comes to reglase poles so they will get the worst poles maver are sister company of reglass so they will get the best poles, milo will also get the better poles due to them dealing with them for ages then theres preston lol

id go for daiwa if you have the money to buy more topkits as the pole dose not come with meny

but if you are just geting a pole and carnt aford to buy more topkits go with the map pole

so its just bettween the daiwa and the map pole just look at the top kit selection and see what elastics you will put in them and look if they will be ol for the venuse you are lightly to fish

Comment

How does the g8 weight up to the tks40 at around 13m - 14.5m?

Comment

personly think theres not mutch difrence g8 might be a bit stiffer but that what i found but wight dosent bother me that mutch your best of going to some where where you can hold both the poles together at full lenth

if you no some pople with the poles hold them with elastic in them and it makes a huge difrence in wight and stiffness

Comment

Ive got the preston gxr2000, its not a bad pole, cheap spares and can handle most commy fish
                Let us all bag up

Comment

Hi mate, purchased a tks40 october last year within a month of use the number 5 section broke while playing a fish, i then ordered a new section which i didnt recieve till february this year!!! Anyways i got rid after that and got a g8 and never looked backed! brilliant pole which can handle big fish! helped me land 90lb of fish yesterday! cracking pole and cheap spares!

Comment

Ive got a G8 and i will recommend it to anyone spending up to 1k.

Comment

how does the tks40 compare to the g8 in terms of weight and stiffness?
                      I thinks its between these two
                      cheers
                      oliver

Comment

Originally posted by 1adf1 View Post
                        woldent get a preston pole (made buy reglase) and preston are the new boys on the block when it comes to reglase poles so they will get the worst poles maver are sister company of reglass so they will get the best poles, milo will also get the better poles due to them dealing with them for ages then theres preston lol

id go for daiwa if you have the money to buy more topkits as the pole dose not come with meny

but if you are just geting a pole and carnt aford to buy more topkits go with the map pole

so its just bettween the daiwa and the map pole just look at the top kit selection and see what elastics you will put in them and look if they will be ol for the venuse you are lightly to fish
                        wrong im affraid mate!
                        reglass make so many poles a year with no graffics on them,,,
                        then they invite companies like you say,, preston, maver and a couple of others (not to sure so wont mention them)
                        to come and make bids for each model,,,
                        so if maver bid a certain price for a pole,,,, they get it over preston and the others,,,,each company gets a single bid and reglass do not disclose bids,,,,!
                        for instance,,, preston may have been outbid by maver for the most advance model this year so the 481 may be a better pole than the preston, the one ! ,,,but we will never know!!!!

also,,,some poles have the same carbon qualities only a different mandrel... thats why preston and maver spares are not compatable!!!!!

i was given this information by both a preston and maver reps who both happened to be in the same tackle shop when i was looking at a new pole,,,which happens to be a preston gis 12 absolute,,, awsome in my opinion!!!

but back to the main topic,,,,, of which pole i would choose,,,

i would choose the conny g8,,,
                        simply because it has a healthy following and daiwa aftersales is second to none!!!!,,,,
                        then a preston gxr,,,, if i could get one for the right money,, they are not far behind the gis12 absolute in quality!!!!

for me the tks40 is just made up of a fancy spares package!!!!!!!

just my opinion of course,,,,,, even though its right

its a fact,,ive never been proven wrong on anything!
                        Last edited by Leaky Lloyd; 7 September 2009, 08:46 PM.
                        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Hi get your self a browning xitan Z4 or Z7 great poles and loads of kit ! The spares are not over priced like many either.

Comment

always amazes me how people think the best deal is the one which involves loads of spare top kits !

whats the point in all these spare top kits if the actual pole is a load of crap ????

not that im saying the brownings are crap of course!

just a comment in general and something to think over first !
                            :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Read the reviews at www.matchfishingmagazine.com on the xitan z3 and z4 the z7 is there top of the range.

Comment

Working...
                              X