Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Korum Quick change Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korum Quick change Beads

I've been using these for a few months now, i'm impressed by the idea behind them but i'm having a problem.

Say for instance I want to actually change my hooklength quickly which is the main purpose behind them, how do you open them up?! I'm constantly having to bite them open which just damages them? Am I being stupid or does anyone else have similar problems?
    Starbeck Angling Club

[url]http://steveluptonfishing.blogspot.com/[/url]

lol I bite the back of mine too but don't damage many

Comment

I tried them once and had the same problem! Use a snap swivel instead!

Comment

i had the same problem with the small ones switched over to using the large size and touch wood no problems

Comment

Its also got me thinking, Surely would a small elastic connector essentially do the same job? Has anyone tried this?
          Starbeck Angling Club

Comment

Yes but what's wrong with a snap swivel? Much cheaper!

Comment

leave your thumbnails a bit longer and how much cheaper are they nathan tight or what ?
              nige cooke

Comment

The only problem there is that i bite my nails! I'll try a snap swivel instead, any recomendations or just the cheapest Nathan?
                Starbeck Angling Club

Comment

Middy are good but don't do small 1s for wag and I normally use Korum but had a few dodgy 1s lately. Mustad are good if you can find any! And they are much cheaper, about a 1/4 of the price and also better in my opinion.

Comment

i use a drennan swivel stop beed,,
                    its basically a swivel with a little rubber bead wich is fed up the line 1st then tie the swivel on and the bead is pushed over the main line end end of the swivel,, simple!
                    they come in several sizes !
                    much better quality than the korum jobby's too!
                    :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

thanks guys, you could've posted this last week before i brought a couple of packets saturday lol, not tried em yet

Comment

I have used both the korum & the drennan, the korums are neater but the drennans are much more user friendly.
                        John

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Drennan ones don't allow you to quickly change the hooklength?

Comment

Yeah i just had a quick look at them online and on first viewing it looks like you can tie your hooklength straight to the swivel or loop it on and then slide the rubber over? I'll try the snap swivels and see how i get on. My only worry with this is that the surface area of the 'clip' to line is quite small, ie will this cause abrasion to the line?
                            Starbeck Angling Club

Comment

If you're using heavy gear, 0.18 plus you shouldn't have a problem, I never have.

Comment

Working...
                              X