Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Budget reel/s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget reel/s

Hey everyone

Ive been fishing for a few months and have been really getting in to it. Ive just been using a cheap shakespeare match rod and a no-brand baitrunner reel for some float and method carp fishing. Im looking to get some new tackle as my reel has died on me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good reel/s? Budget: £50

Ive seen a deal for two Okuma lexsan baitfeeders for £30 but cant find any reviews or any real info about the product.

Also looking for a fairly cheap carp rod to go with it.

BTW I know next to nothing about the various brands of fishing tackle apart from everyone tells me Shimano are awesome, (dont think I can afford their prices though!) so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you're all still catching

AJ

Dont know about the lexsans, but ive got app15 Okumas and they are good reliable reels for very little money.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Take a look at the Shakespeare Mach3 reels they are good quality and can be foud for between £30-£40 you get 3 spare spools.
      Last edited by Brian G; 15 September 2009, 06:46 PM.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

have a look at the okuma interceptor baitrunner a very good reel that should be in your budget.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. Im busy drooling my way through several websites. Anyone heard anything about Mitchell premium freespool reels?

Comment

At one time Mitchell 300 was the ultimate reel(theres still plenty going strong today,Bernard uses one on the catching the impossible dvd)but to be honest i would not buy a new one now,if your interested ive got two Okuma dynadrag size 30 baitrunners with spare spools.you can have them for £20.00 the pair.will do for float/feeder/light carp fishing.Regards Peter.
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Another vote for the Shakespeare Mach 3. 3 spare reels great reel. Class

Comment

Working...
              X