Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

help my foam protector is stuck in top kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help my foam protector is stuck in top kit

as the title says went to take off my top kit and the blooming foam protector came off inside it anyway of getting out without damging my top kit, i understand i gonna have to take the laccy out but then the bung is infront of the protector if you know what i mean so let me know cheers

Araldite a wood screw to a piece of cane or dowel and then it should be a simple job of screwing into the foam clean cap and withdrawing it then throw the things away as the cause more wear than the grit they may clear out. They can also cause your joints to pop apart unless you drill a hole to allow the air to escape.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Rick before modern bungs came along we used to make do and mend with various tapered bits of plastic. It may not be easy but with them having cut off the stonfo. tap the base of the section on a wooden surface repeatedly and the bung may push out the foam. An alternative idea occurs to me. Having cut off the stonfo seal off the tip of the section whilst attached to a hosepipe and see if you can blast it out with water pressure.
      Bet somebody has a better idea!!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

good new
        used me extractor the foam thingy had a hole in it so i pushed it in and after a few goes it came out

Comment

Happy day Rick!!
          John - Kingfisher
          Talk Angling Senior Member
          Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Here's a little tip for you...drill a hole in the clean cap that fits on the section that contains your bung, then, if it jams in your section you can push your extractor through the clean cap (you drilled it remember) and into your bung then when you withdraw the bung your clean cap comes out as well ;-)

Do not drill any others mind as you'll have a nightmare trying to rescue them. Just leave them as they are and rely on a good pair of lung to blast them out :-)

Paul

Comment

Do as Brian G says and launch them! All they do is drag finer particles of grit and carbon back and forth and when wet this acts like a fine grinding paste. They were initially just another maver marketing gimmick that the masses fell for.
              MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

i might be too late but i used a baiting needle as mine didn't go far up
                :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

I whipped/glued a hook to a piece of old pole tip when I last got mine stuck. As the clean caps have a hole in the bottom you can hook it and pull it out.
                  [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/category/fishing/"]Blog[/URL]
                  [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/calculator"]Shot Calculator[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                  X