Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston Pulla Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Pulla Kit

Just got this months edition of "Match fishing" magazine to see prestons new "pulla" top kit on the front page.

The basic idea of it is that instead of the elastic running through the top kit to a bung it protrudes out of the side of the kit near the bottom and is kept out with a ball.

This allows the user to tighten the tention of the elastic when playing a fish, supposedly increasing landing speed. I'm just wondering what all of you guys think about it.

To me it just looks like another step towards bullying carp out of the water quickly but thats just my thoughts

Cheers

Sam

I'm sure I read on another forum months ago that some of the top kits exploded under pressure whilst testing.
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Its an april fool!

Comment

Looked pretty ligit to me lol

Comment

It is legit, its only the same idea as the Milo pull bungs, they are far superior in my opinion - get them instead. The idea is not to bully carp out of your peg, the idea is to allow you to fish a lighter elastic (benefiting you by being better for the smaller fish and also allowing big fish to go out of your catching area quickly)... but if you do hook a big fish rather than have 5 meters of elastic out you can shorten your elastic by hand and still land the big fish on your top kit.
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I prefer the look of the milo pull bungs although i didn't know that the pulla kit and these bungs where meant for the same type of thing. I thought that the milo pull bungs just allowed you to tension the elastic to a set strength before you start fishing, not while you play a fish. I think i may have to invest in a couple and see how they go. Is there a particualr elastic that is best to use with these? Currently i use mainly preston Hollo.

Comment

Yeah any elastic will work with them... depends on the type of fishing you are doing - but for you something along the lines of grey hydro would probably be about right for the oaks or similar.... all you do with them is thread the elastic through and then put a bead on the elastic to stop it going back through then you can easily pull the elastic while playing a fish.
              Simon Young
              Admin

Comment

Not having used either method are they not designed for a solid elastic as opposed to hollow because i always thought the idea of a hollow was that you can lock it off with the tip of the pole

Comment

I'd honestly expect these pulla contraptions to be banned at most fisheries.
                  They're already banned in NFA ( fishomania ) match's.

Also a word of warning If you handle hydro - it won't last as long & will deteriate much quicker !!!!

Comment

I'd have to disagree with you on both points their ratboy. There was a thread about this on another board a while back and the that pull bungs were not banned by the NFA, it is grabbing the elastic between the float and the pole tip what is.
                    I've had hydro in with pull bungs for a while now and not noticed any deteriation.
                    [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/category/fishing/"]Blog[/URL]
                    [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/calculator"]Shot Calculator[/URL]

Comment

i dont like it i would rarther give the fish a fight and not bully it there would be no fun

Comment

i hooked an unexpected lump on white hydro the other day in a match, it was hooked jsut out side the mouth had it on for about 45mins and at one point had 8 sections in the air and it still wouldnt come, im getting annoyed by now so i get the extractor rod for my bung out the box(i have the normal drennan winder bungs at the moment). pull the bung out along with 3-4 ft of elastic, and with in 20 seconds the fish is in the net.

PULL BUNGS ALL THE WAY FOR ME!!! i will be changing all my old normal bung for pull bungs very soon

oh btw handlining was banned so i couldnt do that
                        Matt Smith
                        Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Hand linning was banned so it should be and so should the puller bung, ok its not dangerous to us humans but dont tell me it does the fish any good as thats utter bull, put about by win at all costs match anglers and if thats what I had to resort to then I would pack in match fishing, no i have not tried it nor have i tried hand linning but i have witnessed anglers who have and those fish start thrashing about on the end of over tightened elastic it can not do their mouths any good and little anyone has to say can convince me differently, Ban it now before the anti fishing brigade picks up on it.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I have been using milo pullas for about 6 months, They are a fabulous bit of kit
                            Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
                            If you havnt got a good partner.
                            Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

I too use the Milos and they are fantastic but I will echo Brians comments that fish should not be bullied - I find that using the pull bung allows you to get the fish close to you quickly by just coaxing it and keeping the tip of the pole under the water (The harder you pull the harder a fish pulls back), then one quick lift and scoope and the fish is in the net. The whole point of using the pull bungs is to allow me to use lighter elastic than I normally would. I wouldnt agree with putting heavy elastics in the system.
                              Simon Young
                              Admin

Comment

Working...
                              X