Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

preston pxr 4000 advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preston pxr 4000 advice

just brought a new Preston PXR 4000 reel, i am going to use it to fish feeder with the preston methed feeders i would like you know what line you guys think is best to put on the reel i watched the preston dvd and the guy on there is using korum 8lb main line, i have been looking around and i was looking at the preston 8lb braid the right up for the braid say its gd for feeder fishing as the line has no give and you will see all liners and small bites so i just wanted to know what you guys thought. i have 2 spools i was bhinking of doing 1 mono and 1 braid but i dont no what do you guys think

hope to get some answers soon

thanks

mark

hi mate
    i had the preston 3000 and 4000 when they both
    came out ive never used braid because a lot of waters wont let you
    use it but for line i use preston direct mono for both float and feeder
    work
    i cant find a fault with either reel spare spool and handle and case great bargin
    for a reel looking at buying some more just brillant reel

Comment

mono or braid

first thing first what type of fisheries are you intending to go to and what type of fish are you going to catch considering the time of year the weather is still warm and so is the water temp so most fish are still very active so bites can be seen very well so as regards the braid maybe hold on from putting it onto your reel until the water temp cools right down and fish become less active even in the depts of winter carp will still pull the tip round so maybe stick with the mono and maybe just use the braid where allowed for bream and skimmers when bites are very shy and are hard to come by all the best regards john rhodes

Comment

Got both the 3000 and 4000 loaded with 5 and 8lb maxima.
        [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

i have got both the reels the 3000 and the 4000 looking to sell the 3000 to my m8t as he wanted one, do you think the 400 is better or the 3000 is better,
          what mono line do you think is the best for feeder fishing, i dont no this is the first time i have brought a reel for more than 20 quid lol, only been fishing for a couple of month and just started to upgrade my stuff abit i am looking to use the reel in matches so im guesing its best to have mono lines on as some places wont let you use brade

Comment

you dont need braid mate if your only goin to fish up to 16ft deep mono is fine i thnk 6lb is strong enough as for brands its how much you want to spend but if you want cheap reliable line the diawa sensor is pretty good 300 yards for £4 cant be bad
            [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

i want a gd line i think i want up 8lb becuase i have been feeder fishing on a pond with a fue high teens couple of 20s so i dont mind paying for gd line if it reliable

Comment

i want a gd line i think i want up 8lb becuase i have been feeder fishing on a pond with a fue high teens couple of 20s so i dont mind paying for gd line if it reliable

Comment

Sensor is good line mate. 6lb sensor will easily land you 20lb fish if your smart

Comment

well said john i use the 6lb sensor like i said there is more expensive lines out there but this line is good enough you will get them in dont worry and if you was have 20's every other fish id say use 8 but the size you will be gettin use 6 its stronger than you think mate i use it on the method at earlswood and never worry i had 5 fish on the run for nearlly 60lb the line did the job mate
                    [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X