Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Which Floatrod do u fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Floatrod do u fish?

Hi,

want to know whats ur favourite gear u fish with and hows ur opinion to this rod.

I likt to fish twelve feet models, prfer Shimano.

I had a TwinPower 12´ very sensible for small fish
    and several 13 and 14 feet models. Very light rods for smaller fish.

My favourites are the Ultegra and Diaflash ones.
    prefere twelve feet and 13 feet of them.
    Best i´ve fished till now
    Good for great Distance and bigger fish.

Cheers GermanAngler

TIGHT LINES

13/15 tournaments

Comment

I have a Shakespeare Mach3 micro pellet waggler rod. This is one of the best rods I have ever owned and used. Well done Shakespeare.

Comment

Floatrods

Not many who fish matchrods here!

Comment

just started using the new shakey mach 3 15ft rod, cracking bit o kit for waggler fishing ere where using fixed floats 12-14 ft deep

Comment

the shakey odessa gold 13ft excellent rod for its price, and the map 13ft parabolix sti power waggler.
            :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

maver power match are good but i dont really fish waggler only the pelly wag.

Comment

Floatrods

Use it for small bream and carps, bt prefer lakes. Sometimes slow rivers

Comment

For silvers and carp in winter I love the Normark Titan 2000 13ft, got an extension to 15ft but never used it! For carp close in I love the Shakespeare Mach 3 11ft, unbelievable value!

Comment

My old silver fish rod which has also caught a few carp is an old Daiwa Tom Pickering S which must be over 15 years old now.
                    I also use a shaky mach 3 for pellet waggler fishing which is superb. Ive never had a hook pull when attempting to net a fish using this rod its through action is excellent.

Comment

I use the Drennan Series 7 11ft 6" - 13ft Carp Waggler Combo.

Its great for the pellet waggler as well as general float work.

Ive caught carp up to 12lb no problem and its also fine for silvers.

Comment

I use an old Shakespeare Clubmaster Supreme 13ft I got for xmas some 15+ years ago - still my fav float rod.

Ive been using a Garbolino Rocket Carp Waggler rod a lot recently for margin fishing on commercials - had carp to 8lb or so on it - cracking rod for the money.

Ive got a Pro Performance 13ft Power float rod from a few years back that Ive used on commercials a few times till I got the Garbolino above.

Ive also used a couple of 13ft Daiwa rods that were my Grandads prior to his passing - lovely light soft rods for silvers on the local canal - a Whisker Kevlar 13ft and a Whisker Harrier 13ft I think.

Hoping to get my hands on a Drennan Puddlechucker and/or Preston Carbonactive soon.
                        Pleasure Angler

Comment

I use 13ft Normarks either Microlight 2000 or Titan 2000

Comment

map ultra 11 25'
                            13' tom pickering whisker wag and stick rods
                            daiwa connoisseur 13' power (chub on wag)
                            shakespeare 18/20 excel
                            no carping gear here

Comment

Petri Hiel

Shimano Beastmaster

Comment

Working...
                              X