Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston Carbon Active Feeder Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Carbon Active Feeder Rod

Just got myself one of these. Was £75 second hand in absolutely mint condition (looks like it's never been used).

Can't figure out exactly which model it is though. It just says "12' Feeder" on it - no mention of C-Series or owt. Does that mean it's an older model?

If so, does anyone know what reel lines it is rated to? For info, it's got a metal reel seat, two glass tips (1oz and 2oz) and one carbon 3oz tip.

Cheers, Rob

Had a look around the internet, and it's one of the Asaki made rods. Does anyone know what reel lines to use?
    I've got a 4000 size Shakepeare Mach 2 with 8lb Sensor, and a Shimano Aero Match Super loaded with 6lb Maxima (it's a 3000 size reel).

Is this rod going to be OK to use for Bream/skimmers?

Comment

i have one of these asaki blanks and they are aimed at fishing for carp, they are soft enough to fish for skimmers and bream with the lightest tip fitted. I like mine alot and for £75 looks like a good buy

Comment

Originally posted by bb bone View Post
        i have one of these asaki blanks and they are aimed at fishing for carp, they are soft enough to fish for skimmers and bream with the lightest tip fitted. I like mine alot and for £75 looks like a good buy
        Thanks bb bone, the rod has a lovely feel to it.

What reel lines do you use on yours?

+

Have you used method feeders on it? - if so, what weight?

Comment

I fish method most weeks with mine and pick alot of skimmers and bream up as well as the carp, I use a fox small 28gr method with a piece of lead the same size glued to the back as well, load the pellets and its pretty heavy(aids hooking,casting,and gets it down quick). I use 8lb daiwa sensor and a 0.17-0.19 reflow hooklink(2-4inch) never let me down mate can easily handle throwing a method even for quite long chucks, once you get using it you will not doubt it ability to do 90% of all your feeder fishing. cheers bb

Comment

Originally posted by bb bone View Post
            I fish method most weeks with mine and pick alot of skimmers and bream up as well as the carp, I use a fox small 28gr method with a piece of lead the same size glued to the back as well, load the pellets and its pretty heavy(aids hooking,casting,and gets it down quick). I use 8lb daiwa sensor and a 0.17-0.19 reflow hooklink(2-4inch) never let me down mate can easily handle throwing a method even for quite long chucks, once you get using it you will not doubt it ability to do 90% of all your feeder fishing. cheers bb
            thanks again bb bone!

Comment

Working...
            X