Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

crows foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crows foot

hi guys i want to start using a crows foot on me pole i have done my elastic as a crows foot how do i attach my rig someone said about getting some dacron connectors but i aint got a clue help!!!!

Alan, if you PM me your address I'll send you some instructions and a couple of Dacron connectors to try. I used to make these and sell them on ebay, I sold hundreds of them! for some reason this method of attaching your rig seems to be more popular in the midlands and the north. I've used them for several years now without ever having a problem.

Using the dacron connectors is far superior to using a 'crows foot' on the elastic and considerably better than the little hard plastic 'stonfo' connectors. I use a dacron connector threaded through a little tail rubber like the carp boys use. It's very neat and kind to your pole if you should crack off at all as it's soft rubber hitting the end of the top kit when it flies back at great speed!

Send me your address and I'll send you a couple to try. If you like them and want some more I used to charge £2.75 for a packet of 5 or £5.00 for 10. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Graham
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

if you are goin to use connectors you don,t need to use a crows foot just tie elastic to dacron as you would a stonfo
      nige cooke

Comment

youre right maver man i should have been using them years ago so much better than stonfos
        nige cooke

Comment

Thanks cookie, they are also very quick to change or remove when you need to particularly handy if it's cold or you have fingers like a bunch of bananas!
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Quick to change? Are you using a double loop in the end of your rigs then?

Comment

Yes mate I use a double loop but if I'm using it close to bankside snags etc I'll cut the small loop open so that it doesn't catch on anything and release my rig into the water!!
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Trouble is all my rigs have 1 loop and it will make them too short if I tie a double loop! I was thinking of trying a dacron connector to save money on stonfos! Also, occxassionally I get tangles round the connector or pole tip when slapping and tapping too enthusiastically! Heard dacron connectors will stop this?

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                  Trouble is all my rigs have 1 loop and it will make them too short if I tie a double loop! I was thinking of trying a dacron connector to save money on stonfos! Also, occxassionally I get tangles round the connector or pole tip when slapping and tapping too enthusiastically! Heard dacron connectors will stop this?

I can see your problem - if the loops you have are big enough you could maybe get away with tying a second small one in the end.

I don't really know about the tangles problem when 'slapping' it's not a method I've had to use very much but I can see that the dacrons might be better as they are softer and lighter than the stonfos so I guess thay won't flap around so much.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

No, the loops aren't big enough but I've been told you can still do it with 1 loop. getting it on's ok but struggle to get it off!

Comment

WHATS MORE SIMPLE THAN A STONFO?? none of this messing about with double loops simple as pull__ loop in__ push its secure and strong as owt!!!
                      [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Using dacron keeps the line a bit further away from the pole tip when slapping Nathan this is why it reduces tangles a lot

Comment

Nathan, you could always attach your rig to the dacron with a single loop and carefully use a knot picker to release the rig at the end of the session.

I can vouch that dacrons are best for working/slapping a shallow fished bait. The rigidity of the dacron or flyline backing makes the rig 'stick out' from the end of the pole and the bead that covers the joint between the laccy and dacron acts as a pivot point, again reducing the chance of the rig wrapping around the end of the pole when slapping

J

Comment

What strength dacron do you use, mine aint that stiff!? And you use a bead? What rubber bead?

Comment

50lb suffix is what i use and i dont use a bead i use tail rubbers

Comment

Working...
                              X