Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New rod holdall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rod holdall

Hi all , I am looking around at rod bags, the old un's seen better days. I've narrowed it down to 3 makes , a Diawa Match Winner 8 tube, a Maver Platinum 8-10 tube or a Preston Competion 10 tube. Ideal length would be 185 ish cm, all the above are around that and they all more or less fit the same price bracket. I would be grateful for any experiences with these bags, good or bad. Thanks a bunch Nigel:

i had a maver one and it did not last a year, the other two mentioned are better and a don't think there is anything in it between the daiwa and the preston

Comment

I agree with BB regarding maver, I have always had faith in Daiwa so thats the route I would go
      John

Comment

holdall

i agree with the others i had a maver 8 tube and the buckles break free from the bag after only a couple of times out

Comment

I have the Preston one and to be honest it isnt very hard wearing.Ii bought a Shimano Aspire netbag and its a great piece of kit. My mext purchase will be the rod holdall to match. I have been told they are heavy but that does not bother me in the slightest. I want a quality product and that is it.

Comment

Shimano luggage like all thier stuff QUALITY.
            http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

I have got the Daiwa Holdall as part of set with Net bag. To be honest it has became quite tatty very quickly And the pocket for banksticks developed a hole after 6 months. Yes it was quite cheap but i think my next set of luggage will be Fox or Shimano.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for all your help regarding my holdall enquiry. I have been lucky, Nathan Watson has offered to sell me his spare Diawa Tournament so I have got it sorted. My mate has some Diawa luggage and he reckons I won't go far wrong with that one so cheers for the advice.

Comment

I have had my daiwa luggage for 14 years+ and it is in near mint condition But alas is it too short for my current pole so i am going to have to buy another which is going to be another daiwa by the looks of things.

I hope yours serves you well like mine has...
                  Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

Comment

nice

Originally posted by Marlin61 View Post
                    Hi guys, thanks for all your help regarding my holdall enquiry. I have been lucky, Nathan Watson has offered to sell me his spare Diawa Tournament so I have got it sorted. My mate has some Diawa luggage and he reckons I won't go far wrong with that one so cheers for the advice.
                    bet it like brand new got the preston monster myself but you wont go wrong with a free daiwa lucky sod lol
                    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

More Maver bashing, i'm surprised any of their gear actually gets to a shop without... breaking, snapping falling apart or dropping to pieces. In fact i'm surprised it gets to the factory gates in one piece.

Carl.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

I have a Sensas waterproof 10 tube holdall. Very good so far for the 6 months I have had it.
                        [URL="http://topgun23.5gbfree.com/custompc.html"][IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/topgun23/My%20work/cooltext46491732.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Working...
                        X