Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

rod eye replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rod eye replacement

hi all, does anyone know if you can buy the round inserts that fit inside the eye of a rod ring? its probably easier to get a new eye fitted, but i dont want to remove the old one as its in mint condition. its the 2nd eye from the tip on my float rod. i use it without any problems (so far) but was worried it is putting extra stress on the line when under pressure. cheers ..
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

If it's a rod you like get it repaired.
    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Its a fair distance from you but Fosters do a fabulous job at a very reasonable price,but you need to get it sorted mate.Regards Peter.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I,d get the eye replaced by a professional it wont cost that much ask youre local tackle shop if they can do it.

Comment

cheers, not sure my local one will do it. will check fosters, regards mark

Comment

oio i can vouch for fosters, i took mine there, a great guy i . think they call him rob the rod, takes 110 % pride in his work. you would never tell he replaced the top eye on mine ,

Comment

have been told to go to veals over in bristol, its the only place around here i think, cheers.

Comment

its got to be replaced they once thats broke mate you cud do it your self its easy to whip it on and but the dope to seal it after
                [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by vidas View Post
                  its got to be replaced they once thats broke mate you cud do it your self its easy to whip it on and but the dope to seal it after
                  only prob doing it yourself is make sure you get the right colour whipping as when the dope goes on it will stand out a mile very easy little job m8
                  Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

I lost the insert from my korum power float butt section and my local tackle shop(robbertsons) in dagenham essex just fitted a new insert. Cost me all of £1.50 not sure how it was done or if you can get the inserts for smaller eyes though.

Comment

it kind of krimps in but some just wont due to damage ect
                      Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Working...
                      X