Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Top Kits Roosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Kits Roosts

Hello, I'm looking into updating a few elements on my match kit.

My fist port of call is a new roost for my top kits. At present I'm using the Octoplus feeder arm which also doubles up as a pole roost. This is fine during the summer but as soon as the wind picks up I find my top kits thrown all over the place.

I've got a 2007 Preston OnBox 6 seatbox, so naturally I'm looking at the preston gear. I've seen the pro roost and tripod roost kit. Has anyone used either of these? If so is the pro roost a sturdy enough with 5 top kits on it?

Or if anyone knows of anther make that will fit on my preston box please let me know.

Cheers

Dont buy the Preston Roost kit, (the one with the tripod)

Buy the Preston Pro Roost Kit,

Its basically an iver and under that fits to your box, ive brought 1 ready for the drains in the winter, and basically its spot on.. Does exactly what its spose to..

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/preston-i...st-p-4267.html
    Effort = Reward.

Comment

Milo rocket launcher r far better than the Preston ones

Comment

Milo Rocket Launcher is the boyo! I have the 6 tube and it supports made up rods no problems at all unlike the Preston Pro roost which I had before.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbo View Post
          Milo Rocket Launcher is the boyo! I have the 6 tube and it supports made up rods no problems at all unlike the Preston Pro roost which I had before.
          Will it fit onto a Preston seatbox do you know?

Just been looking at them and the connection doesn't seem to indicate so and the Milo site says for use with Milo boxes only. Obviously this could be them trying to get you to only buy Milo.

Also it seems very expensive. Cheapest I've found online is £90.

Cheers

Comment

We must be distant relatives!!!!!

I've got the milo 8 tube rocket launcher which I bought for about £80 second hand. It really is the best it can be fitted to a box, don't know about the preston boxes for certain. However, I normally leave mine free standing wherever is most convinient for me to reach the top sets in my peg. So far touch wood it has never blown over nor have the top kits been blown out of it.

They are expensive and a bit clumbersome to carry but is great for looking after you tops.

Comment

Mine is adapted with a Preston adaptor so it can fit any box matey, it fits my Rive and would fit a Preston for definate. I don't know if they will fit as standard but most lads just cut down and pop rivit a preston adaptor on so it can fit nearly all the boxes.

Comment

Working...
              X