Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

2nd hand pole price advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd hand pole price advice please

hi, ive been eyeing up a new pole for next year,because of pole breakage its been brought forward rapidly,but cash aint there yet,i was going to spend upto about 8 or 900 on one of these after a trial,daiwa conny g8,daiwa tdr daiwa sr4 garbo carp match or any of the map range.my problem is how to gauge what the poles a worth, is there a percentage devalue ?or what ever your willing to pay goes.the difference between some 2nd hand poles are massive at times you see 2 grand poles going under 700 then you see a 800 pole go for 650. any advice is very welcome thanks.

I would for that money get a new pole,if u dont fish a long pole often you can get nice poles for that,those tdsr4s are very good as are the carp match.top end poles are VERY expensive if u break a section.

Comment

if the pole is a current model in mint condition it is worth up to 60-70% of the retail price which is why a mint new model that costs £1000 is worth between £600-£700.If the pole is a model no longer in production its worth up to 50% of it original value, before buying a second hand pole please check that spares are readly available for at least a few years as if you break a section and can not get another its worth even less with a repaired section(no matter how good the repair is).

I have just got a new pole after looking for quite a while in a simular price bracket as yourself and would recomend you have a look at the conny g8 mate for your money you should be able to pick a good one up with a few spare kits ect.

I dont think the TDR is a current model anymore and the balance ect is not as good
      the carp match is a good pole and the spares package looks good
      the tdsr4 is a nice enough pole but does'nt have the power the g8 has

good luck mate...bb

Comment

cheers lads for the info,just noticed fosters are doing the garbo carp match for 650, im off for a waggle at the weekend will try others while im there.thanks again lads

Comment

this is just on the subject of team daiwa poles.my nephew has a brand new team daiwa sr2 which is brand spanking new it is 12 and a half mtrs with 3power top 2s one cup kit and 1 match section also 1 short butt.nothing has been cut back you can see a video of the pole with will raison using it on the offical daiwa site .he is asking for £270 . he also has a team daiwa sr3 13ft feeder rod which he is asking £60 for again brand new.look the actual prices up for yourself and you will see they are a bargain. had the feeder rod been 9 to 11ft i would have had it myself.if anyone is interested get in touch with me and i will contact my nephew and you and him can sort it out.

Comment

hi mate like the blokes say for that much i wouldn't buy second hand id stick with diawa range just look at the length you fish if you never fish over 14.5m then i wouldn't pay that much for a pole for a lenght you will never use ive just hag the diawa sr3 for about 4 months and mate i love the pole i fish it at 13m with ease in one hand and feed easyily its a lovely peice of kit, so if you more than 14.5 and still want to spend that much id still look at gettin the conny mate
            [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X