Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

thermal boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermal boots

now that winter is almost upon us can anyone suggest some thermal boots as i bought some sundridge hot foot boots last year and they are useless
    nige cooke

had the same problem myself, have now bought a pair of shakey thermal boots, £12.99. give em a go. cheers
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

they are cheap mate but are they any good i paid £50 for those sundridge boots so what happened to the old saying you only get what you pay for
      nige cooke

Comment

I used to have sundridge ones and no probs for years, but the liners eventually wore out. They are a bit bulky and weigh a ton when you get caked in mud on a river bed or clay from roubnd the lime pits I used to fish. I bought a pair of small skiing-type boots from TK max (or one of those types of shop - can't quite remember now!) for £20 - very lightweight and unbelievably toasty !!
        [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Dragon Carp Direct (or Used Tackle as they also trade under) are doing some thermal winter boots with a rubberised waterproof lower half for £20. I haven't got any yet but I'm about to order some. They look pretty good and for that money they have to be worth a try. Also in the colder and wet weather I always wear a pair of PORELLE DRY socks underneath. These are absolutely amazing. They are no thicker than a boot sock but they have a waterproof membrane in them. You genuinely can stand in water in these and it wont come through the sock. They are expensive but teamed with a reasonable pair of boots they WILL keep you dry and warm.
          Hope this helps!
          Graham
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Bennetts of Sheffield are selling some JRC Bivvy boots bought somne last year and they are spot on not too waterproof but very warm and only £15 par pair
            A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

when it come to thermal boots, you cannot beat skee-tex, the liners aint as good as they first was, but still the besy by a long shot, used them for years, just change the liners when they are getting thin.

Comment

I agree with above post....skee-tex are miles better than all others on the market...the only down sides are ..they aren't the most comfortable to walk any long distance in...and be extra careful on damp/icy surfaces because you WILL slip over.

Comment

used to have some boom eighties but the soles cracked my feet must be summat different because if my toots are cold everything else is
                  nige cooke

Comment

have not tried the shakey ones yet, i have had skee tex in the past and they are good. i normally wear a pair of karrimoor hiking shoes if i dont have to sit in the water. most of my fishing is done on the river, so waders are the norm, but my feet do suffer. i guess you just put up with it, what idiots stand in a freezing river in the snow! mmm! lol
                    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

thanks for your views after last years winter league i said it was my last but after 30 odd years its in your blood nowt worse than sat in house watching garbage on teleand you can only make so many floats
                      nige cooke

Comment

the j.r.c are brill i allways had boom 80s but these are as good cost me 15quid others cost 40quid
                        work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

Have u tried a placcy bag and some pit boots.

Comment

me pit boots have got flowers in em and me placcy bags are full of lindholme pellets lol
                            nige cooke

Comment

skee-tex,not the cheapest but the best.Thought i was being clever last year when i purchased a pair of preston neoprene,what a waste of money,dont know how theyve got the front to sell them.

Comment

Working...
                              X