Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

marker float probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marker float probs

hi does anybody know of a good material to use when marker floating.. i`m currently using a dyneema braid (20lb) tied directly to the float but it keeps wrapping arround itself on the castthus not letting the float rise when on the lake bed ANY IDEAS ??????

Originally posted by cml181 View Post
    hi does anybody know of a good material to use when marker floating.. i`m currently using a dyneema braid (20lb) tied directly to the float but it keeps wrapping arround itself on the castthus not letting the float rise when on the lake bed ANY IDEAS ??????
    what you could to use use a length of amnesia ,as its stiffer or a simular material like a shocklead set up

Comment

Are you putting your lead direcyly onto the line or is it on a link,the type of braid you use should not cause you problems its more likely to be the way its set up.if you can give a bit more info on the set up your using,ill try to help.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

hi its a korda float ,,weight and bouyant stem with ring are slidding along main line,,, then main line tied dirrectly to bottom of float,, as per instructions,, i had a thought that may be its spinning befor the cast,, not sure,, chris

Comment

It looks as if your set up is ok,in theory it should work fine.its only a thought,but it could be tne knot(where the float is tied on) jamming in the bead under the pressure of the cast,stopping the float from popping up,you could try a few casts starting in the margins and gradualy increasing the distance to see if this could be the problem.if this dosent work post again and we will try something else.Regards Peter.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

put a buffer bead infront of the knott but try using a leader mate i think it will sort your iissue out

Comment

ok pete and ian will try what you both said and let you know chris

Comment

Working...
              X