Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

maver mx3000 or preston x6 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maver mx3000 or preston x6 ?

i have seen these both for sale for same price and i am wondering what to get
    i am only 14 but fish matches every week i either fish canal or lake and use pole most of time
    i have about 250£ to spend what would you get??
    which would you get out of the top 2 (pro's and con's) ??
    thanks alot kyle

don't get the maver mate they fall to bits

Comment

i have a x6 matey and for ass comfort i dnt think you can beat it and it may be a little heavy but well worth the extra strengh!!! having problem filling mine to be honnest!!!!
      [B][COLOR="blue"]"QUALITY AND VALUE HANDMADES AT THE RIGHT PRICE"[/COLOR][/B]

[B][SIZE="7"][COLOR="blue"]'I.L FLOATS'[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

i have the x6s very strong box seat good as any very good on the ass,the maver as has already been stated seem to fall to bits if you not to bothered about going for the new x6s then look for a second hand x6 m8 they tough as hell so as well getting one second hand as new and you most likley get extras with it m8.
        Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

have a look at the new maver,, think its called the mx3500,, very similar to a rive xt /rx sport, but you wont have to take out a second mortgage!!!
          ,,looks a good bit of kit
          other than that,, i had the x6 crackin bit of kit,,i'd try and look for an older version left on stock,,cos the seats a bit more comfy !
          :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

thanks everyone i think the x6 is taking the lead
            any other boxes around that price range worth looking at ??
            thanks kyle

Comment

the spacestations mate very comfy and good
              :DFishinG Is GooD,CatchinG Is BetteR:D

Comment

Don't get the X6 mate i got one and its falling apart. I got the X5 and the handles off my draws are ripping off, they melt in the sun, the writing off my footplate is coming off the bolts and they are really, really heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by meme View Post
                  Don't get the X6 mate i got one and its falling apart. I got the X5 and the handles off my draws are ripping off, they melt in the sun, the writing off my footplate is coming off the bolts and they are really, really heavy.
                  I don't understand this post at all!! Wherever you fish it must be bl**dy hot for the handles to melt. They are no heavier than most other similar size seatboxes (space station IS heavy). I'm not clear about the 'writing' on the footplate bit either!

I've got an X6S and it's brilliant. Very comfortable, loads of drawer space, very strong and well priced compared to the likes of Milo and Rive. The drawer handles are all one piece items so they can't come off, and the front four legs are telescopic for uneven ground. Also you can adjust the height of the main box/seat independently of the footplate, unlike many other models.

Hope this helps you make a choice. Graham
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Maver Man View Post
                    I don't understand this post at all!! Wherever you fish it must be bl**dy hot for the handles to melt. They are no heavier than most other similar size seatboxes (space station IS heavy). I'm not clear about the 'writing' on the footplate bit either!

I've got an X6S and it's brilliant. Very comfortable, loads of drawer space, very strong and well priced compared to the likes of Milo and Rive. The drawer handles are all one piece items so they can't come off, and the front four legs are telescopic for uneven ground. Also you can adjust the height of the main box/seat independently of the footplate, unlike many other models.

Hope this helps you make a choice. Graham
                    Yeah the X6S is better quality. In summer when i fish my handles start to get really flimsy and start to rip and on the X5 on the flootplate where it says Preston Innovations on pieces of plastic my front one has come off....i am really disappointed with my X5!!!

Comment

What ever box you get make sure you have it set up level. At your age your bones are still growing and pole fishing on a unstable and not level box could cause you a lot of problems for the future. I would go for a 2nd hand Rive, something like a station complete which is stable and yet not to heavy. Failing that a Fox MSB or Preston XS4.

Comment

i have put a deposite down on a preston x4s today i went down and liked the comfort and he threw many things in so i have my x4s to pick up soon
                        thanks everyone

Comment

Preston all the way my brother has the XS6 lovley box or if not the space station... my mate has a new one on his site on offer may be worth a look???
                          [url]www.alltackledup.co.uk[/url] - coarse fishing information website for the South East of England.

[url]www.westmallinganglingonline.co.uk[/url]

Comment

mate save a little bit more get the milo match speed box its not to heavy and if uve got a trolley it dont matter anyway ive just had it this year and its the best box ive ever had have a look at it mate
                            [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Take a look at the diawa 200 excellent box for the price and it comes with a wheel kit

Comment

Working...
                              X