Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Method Rod - Recc's please !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method Rod - Recc's please !!!

Can anyone recommend me a good method rod for chucking max 60m.
    I'd also like to use the rod for hit & hold ( bomb Feeder )fishing against a island on a commercial.

I'd like it to have a good bend in it when afish is hooked but with enough backbone to slam the brakes on !!!

Target fish mainly 3-6lb with occasional lumps to 15lb
    My budget = £150 max

Thanks 4 your help

Mr Rat

Team Ratpack

You need to try and get hold of the Preston Dream Power 12ft... dont know if they are made any more though so might be a case of asking around.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Top reccomendation there - you can't have mine, Abu's are worth a look though and well under £150. If i hadn't already got 2 i would have bought a twin top barbel rod so you can chuck the bagging waggler as well

Comment

Originally posted by billy whizz
        Top reccomendation there - you can't have mine, Abu's are worth a look though and well under £150. If i hadn't already got 2 i would have bought a twin top barbel rod so you can chuck the bagging waggler as well
        chhers lads- i was considering a double topped barbel rod but i was worried it might be a bit heavy !!.

I'll have a look at the Abu's - a few people's mentioned the Drennan Series 7 method rod as worth a look 2.

Keep 'em coming lads !!!

Comment

i got a brand new preston 11/13 sentinent carbonactive which is made for wat u looking for.
          Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

Shimano Antares 12 ft medium feeder.

Comment

Same as Woody said, lovely rod.

Comment

I've gone for a Fox Duo - Barbel lite - 1.5lb test curve, although i was tempted by the antares ( i've already got Antates Medium feeder - which is spot on ).

Only used rod once but it seems bang on - able to give the beasts a bit of stick now !!! & can cast a decent way.

Comment

Working...
                X