Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Starter Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Packs

Hi all

I am considering taking up coarse fishing and wondered if anybody had any good experience of starter packs. I saw a few on Bennets which looked good (not sure if I am permitted to post a link to the pack I was recommended).

I am very new to the sport so any advice appreciated. I will probably fish my local river and small lake.

Cheers

No problem posting a link, it would help a little if you tell us a little of the type of waters you will fish what the predominant species are etc, if you want to use rod and reel or the pole also what your budget might be, we can then start to point you in the right direction

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Hello Brian

Thanks for the response, my mate recommended this set to me:
      Coarse Fishing Tackle Outfits - Masterline John Wilson Avon Quiver Outfit

To be honest I am not too serious at the moment, just want to try local lake and river out. Dont thing I will be chasing big carp and Pike just yet. Just want to get out there and see what happens to be honest.

Comment

I would be inclined to take a look at what your local tackle dealer may have in stock, take a look at Shimano reels even the budget priced reels are good quality, another make is Okuma again budget priced but good quality, again there are some good quality budget priced rods for both feeder and waggler fishing, remember you will need a landing net and handle, along with the essentials like hooks, shot, disgorgers a few floats and feeders, often you will find your local dealer will try and match some of the prices offered over the internet,

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X