Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tricast pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricast pole

I am thinking about purchasing tricast finesse or aristocrat. Firstly does any one own one of these poles and what are your thoughts on them?

Secondly due to the price do you know any stockist who does finance as I don’t wish to lump out my savings in one go.

Many thanks

I used to be a Tricast fan, the poles are great, until you need to buy spares and you will then need finance to buy them also.
    This was a few years ago mind you, things may have changed
    Terminaly bewildered:confused:

Comment

Fishermans Friend will do the price over 12mths, dont know if they sell Tri-cast tho.

Comment

I have Finesse.Not mega stiff or as well balanced as other top or 2nd top range poles,but not a million miles behind
        BUT its as strong as anything,the joints are superb & the finish is fantastic,ships in & out easy even when raining ect.
        The sections do seem on the expensive side compared to some,but i doubt you'll need to buy any & if you do you won't be waiting for one & you can still get sections for poles made 25 yrs ago.
        I believe the Aristrocat is a little better in terms of stiffness/balance,though i've not seen one

Comment

pole

iv got a tourny pro and aristacrat is the only pole iv seen that would make me change , like the pro but much stronger, iv had a few tricast poles and theyre bomb proof

Comment

bob-co in leeds do tricast poles & also do interest free finance

Comment

Fosters of Birmingham do Tri cast and interest free

www.fostersofbirmingham.co.uk/PAC10157

Comment

Many thanks for your input. I will contact them when finish nights. I currently have DAIWA 412 which is getting on but still a good pole and I have had no problems with it. Tricast is not really big down South, but based on reviews and forums and speaking to Anglers at Whiteacres i feel that this will be my next purchase. They dont seem to mess people about when they require new sections and they will keep replacing kits for old stock which is good. This will probaably be the last top end pole I buy and as Im a bit clumsy this should fit the bill, it would be bonus if my Daiwa top kits fitted but you cant have everything in life.

Comment

kookie.a Diawa Yank & bank top 3,with no1 removed,fits like a glove to Finesse & is exactly same length as the
                  tricast finesse top 3 with no1 removed,so check 412 tops to a y&b,if they are the same your laughing.

Comment

top geezer - thanks

Comment

Kookie, Your daiwa top kits will not fit the Aristocrat, the Bore of the Aristocrat top kits are larger,but you can buy reducers or increasers to make them fit £26.00 . or you can make your
                      own from an old landing net handle( bit like a short 4)

EPR Redusa Increasa

Before I elasicated my top kits I wieghed the match kit with out the tip in and it went 38 grams,I cut the power kits to same lenght and they wiegh the same 38 grams.

Internal bushes for match kits the blue 2.5mm preston
                      Internal bushes for power kits the red 3mm Preston

Comment

I am considering one of these and finally got to handle one today, as reports suggest its not the stiffest or the lightest top range pole but its got to be the strongest. The wall strength is superb and if you spend all your time on commercials its gotta to be a serious contender.

Now i need to make my mind up the other pole i'm considering is the G10, a lot stiffer than the aristocrat but not as strong.

Comment

B911 did you try the Aristocrat with the short interex no 3 on it ( short no 4)?
                          This really does stiffen the pole up a lot and the handling is supererb with the short section on.

Comment

To be fair i only had the std no 4 on the pole when i tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
                              I am thinking about purchasing tricast finesse or aristocrat. Firstly does any one own one of these poles and what are your thoughts on them?

Secondly due to the price do you know any stockist who does finance as I don’t wish to lump out my savings in one go.

Many thanks
                              i have bought an aristocrat in june,not used the pole a lot due to some bad health but long enough to form agood opinion.very strong constrution very light,first impressions not the stiffest pole on the bank,but with match kits and interex section is the bees knees.it is so flexible as regards situations.i intend to concentrate on match kits when possible asthey seem well up to it.the pole is so well balanced it really is a fantastic tool and would not swap it for amore fasionable label bought mine from highfield angling who offer options on top kits.regards big h

Comment

Working...
                              X