Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Dragon Carp Direct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Carp Direct

Having just returned to the UK I am looking for some gear to start freshwater fishing again. I have a little bit of gear that I used for saler fishing which I can use here such as:

St Croix 7ft Spinning Rod (Travel)
    St Croix 7ft Casting Rod (Travel)
    TFO 9wt Fly Rod (For Pike)
    Shilton CL5 Fly reel
    Shimano Chronearch Casting Reel
    Shimano Bait Runners (3500, 4500 & 6500B)
    Shimano Stradic Reel (good for spinning)
    Numerous lures from Yo-zuri, Strike Pro etc ideal for pike & chub

But that is about it? Some I am looking for some other gear such as a chair, landing net, and little bits of tackle such as forceps, disgorgers, line, weights, shot, hooks etc etc

I will also be looking for a few rods such as 10 - 12 ft feeder rods, 13ft waggler rod and maybe a couple of semi decent carp rods.

So I have been looking about as my budget is pretty tight as I have just set up my own courier company. Is the stuff from Dragon Carp Direct any good? and if not then how can Angling Times be such a big fan of it?

Or what about TF Gear? I know Matt Heyes owns (used to own it) but again is it any good?

Cheers,

Ian

i,ve had a couple of reels from Dragon carp Avanti gt 30 their not fantastic but are ok and do the job for the orice as for feeder rods if youre budget is tight have a look at the shakespear omni x feeder i have the 11ft omni x feeder rod with 2 tips it cost me £17 from a game fair and it is a really good rod i have had carp upto 8lb on it and bream to 6lb and it hasnt let me down./http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/fishing/...kespeare/9063/
    Last edited by fishster; 25 October 2009, 01:36 PM. Reason: error

Comment

I dont rate dragon carp really some stuff is ok but their rods have had bad reviws. You can also get shakespear omni x float rods as wellSHAKESPEARE SHAKESPEARE OMNI X 10' FLOAT ROD WITH FREE REEL AND SPOOL OF MATCHWINNER LINE ST72251 from Fosters of Birmingham

Comment

cheers will check it out

Comment

no worries mate let us know how you get on

Comment

Working...
          X