Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Garbolino G9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbolino G9

Have any of you guys got or tried a garbo G9, i'm considering the G10 but have heard reports about breakages in the 5/6 sections because its to stiff. So i was wondering if the G9 was a tad softer would this be better.

Any help comments would be appreciated.

just lighten the elastic m8 there are no more breaks on the g10 than any other flagship pole
    Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Save some cash mate and go to Bobco in Leeds they still have the Garbolino G995 in stock and are selling them for about £1600 and they are a true all round pole, at home on commercials, lakes, canals and rivers. You would find they are lighter and better balanced than the G10/9 but not quite as stiff so better for fishing up in the water and also easier to hold in the wind as the stiffness of the G10 means the wind turns you on your box.(thats what i found, i also broke 3 no 5's only once was my fault) Or spend a bit more and get the Airity, if there is one thing i regret its having to sell mine when i was skint. They really are a brilliant all round pole. IMO
      Last edited by cartersdad; 25 October 2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

i would say the airity is not stiff and if you going to spend that kind of money go for the gis 12 never been spun on my box before but then i dont fish the pole in force 9 winds
        Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

I have found over the last couple of years that stiffness isn't the be all and end all of poles. There needs to be an amount of play in a pole especially if fishing up in the water and slapping the rig on the surface, i found my G10 too stiff for this above 13m. Also the stiffness in the G10 causes a lot of downforce on the pole which is why it feels a bit heavy, but this can also cause problems when fishing on the drop for silvers, trying to hit fast bites. I cracked my 14.5m section doing this as did Joe Carass - 4 times. I do think though the G10 is the best carp pole on the market .The Airity is probably one of the top few all round poles around. (Preston one, Airity, Fox envoy elite, Shimano Aspire, Maver elite 77) Yeah the GIS 12 is a decent pole, spares and extras quite expensive though. I sold mine to Leaky Lloyd and he loves it. I am back with a G995 and wouldn't swap it for another G10 as it suits my style of fishing much better, i would only replace it with another Airity or the Preston One.
          Last edited by cartersdad; 25 October 2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rich200 View Post
            just lighten the elastic m8 there are no more breaks on the g10 than any other flagship pole
            Think you're wrong there mate!

Comment

Working...
            X