Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Reccoemnd me a float rod!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccoemnd me a float rod!!!

Hey im looking to buy a float rod as i don't have one but i don't know which one to get... i will be using about 4/5lb mainline and 3/4lb hook length for skimmers, bream and F1 with the occasional carp about 6lb - anywhere over 20lb lol.

Any advice will be welcome

shakespeare mach 3 12'6

or maybe

shakespeare mach 3 13'6 if you want a little bit more length and power

Comment

Ive got a Drennan Series 7 Carp Waggler Combo (11ft 6" - 13ft) which seems pretty nice.

Recommended reel lines up to 6lb. The rod has a nice soft action. Ive used it for pellet waggler and just general float work for silvers without any problems.

Ive had fish from a few ounces to 13lb on it no problems.

Comment

daiwa

Comment

preston power float

Comment

drennan floatmaster 13/15 combo, great for waggler fishing catching roach on rivers, more than enough power to handle chub, iv'e also used it on a commercial's and it holds it's own. at 15ft it becomes a long trotting rod in which great presentation can be achieved, a very versatile rod and worth every penny, they cost about £150, but you wont need to invest in another float rod as it will last you forever. can also be used for stick float fishing with hooklengths down to 0.6mm/ 12oz. fantastic rod.

Comment

daiwa----every time pal
              work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

Buy Nathan Watson's Abu Suveran, they're a very good rod.

Comment

shimano catana ax barbel 2 rods in 1 comes with 2tops for feeder fishing or can be used as a float rod i use mine for method feedering with a 12lb mian line no problem 12' two piece

Comment

DAIWA SR3 13 ft waggler rod
                    i have one it has a realy nice through action i have had roach from a few ounces up to carp to about 8lb and it handles them perfectly and it is very responsive so u can control the float a lot easier

Comment

lol
                      only decent rod there is the floatmaster what was it desined for trotting

to be honist you fishing far to hevey
                      2lb mainline 1 to 1 1.5 hooklenth
                      reel with nice cluch
                      nice tip ti 1 3rd action rod

so if you wont best hardy marksman
                      or matcpro ultra light
                      or if you like normarks garbo super g light 13ft
                      abslutly brill silver rods
                      roach bream crusions tench
                      and can handel carp if you take your time with them

Comment

i got a middy carp baggin machine waggler rod 13/14ft, i find it a very good rod for the money, under £60

Comment

Hi,
                          I have been using the carbonactive range for all my float work, feeder and bomb work.

A little pricey but well worth it.

Carbonactive c series 13ft float has a very forgiving through action with an anti lock blank which is a treat when hooking soft mouthed skimmers but also has plenty enough back bone for carp well into double figures. Feels nice in the hand and well built.

Hope this helps
                          [COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"]SPONSORED BY MCDONALDS AND BURGER KING :p[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/kuklinski999/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/kuklinski999.png[/img] [/url]

[url]http://www.dvd-and-media.com/playstation-wii-xbox-cases.html[/url]

Comment

Working...
                          X