Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ultima xt7 line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultima xt7 line

Does anybody use the ultima xt7 flourocarbon line? Or has used it?

Just wondering if its any good and if its actually the correct stated diamater, would appreciate as many replys as possible.

i have used xt7 line but it has been superceeded by power silk now which is even a better line than xt7

Comment

When I was on the cut circuit around MK, Luton and Nothants years ago I used Pro Micron along with Ignesti and Waterqueen. I returned to angling about 2 years ago after a 15 year break and was looking for my familiar and trusted brands - alas no more!

So I started looking for what suited me of the current brands. For my silvers (the majority of my fishing) I have settled on Shimano Silk Shock for rig line. For hooklengths XT7 and Sensas Feeling Competition - the reason for both is I am still undecided which I prefer and I have recently got some Middy Low-Viz to play with to complicate things more!

To me, XT7 is accurate and supple and I have no complaints. The same can be said for Sensas. I have only used Ultima Power Silk in the sizes that were freebies on the mags so cannot comment on comparision to XT7, though it seems to have similar properties. There are other brands that no doubt suit other anglers more.

I think you will have to go through the same process I undertook and find a current brand which suits you - there is nothing that will suit all.

Comment

Originally posted by getinback View Post
        When I was on the cut circuit around MK, Luton and Nothants years ago I used Pro Micron along with Ignesti and Waterqueen. I returned to angling about 2 years ago after a 15 year break and was looking for my familiar and trusted brands - alas no more!

So I started looking for what suited me of the current brands. For my silvers (the majority of my fishing) I have settled on Shimano Silk Shock for rig line. For hooklengths XT7 and Sensas Feeling Competition - the reason for both is I am still undecided which I prefer and I have recently got some Middy Low-Viz to play with to complicate things more!

To me, XT7 is accurate and supple and I have no complaints. The same can be said for Sensas. I have only used Ultima Power Silk in the sizes that were freebies on the mags so cannot comment on comparision to XT7, though it seems to have similar properties. There are other brands that no doubt suit other anglers more.

I think you will have to go through the same process I undertook and find a current brand which suits you - there is nothing that will suit all.

same as mate, im still using pro micron now, its soo diffficult to get hold of, but while i can still get hold of a spool here and there, im still using it, but with winter coming up, im in short supply of pro micron in 0.6mm and 0.7mm, and iv'e got to start looking elsewhere. ive tried matchtek by map which i found to be excellent, i was so impressed, and then i found out 0.6mm was more like 0.8.5mm so no wonder it was so good in 0.6mm, could land a 3 pound chub no problem and i was like whats going on here then. so iv'e knocked that on the head. i use drennan rig line for my actual rig line, but i found this stuff is no good for hooklengths as the line loves to keep going round the back of the spade and the stuff kinks when unhooking fish, but as a rig line moving shot up and down and for suppleness and diameter accuracy i cant complain as it's spot on. but i need to find a hooklength line and from all the reviews iv'e read it hasnt had any negative feedback, and it bang on it's stated diameter, so im definitely going to give this stuff a go. thanks for your advice mate, much appreciated!!

Anyone else who wants to comment on this line please do soo, as i would like as much information as possible...

Comment

hi mate,i use the xt7 but only has hooklink,i only fish commercials,but on the 2.1lb (0.09),i have comfortably pulled in 3lb carp,but i find that if it tangles you may as well set up again because the line kinks
          new pb 151lb 11/08/12 oak pool,cobhouse

Comment

hi,
            i use xt7 for all my hooklengths for commercials and have had no problems at all,it's good quality and knots pretty well too.
            i'd definately recommend it.
            Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
            X