Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

maver competition 221

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maver competition 221

hi has anyone got one of these poles if so what are they like ?
    cheers
    Carl
    BROOKSIDE ANGLERS BAGGING MACHINE.

[url]www.River-Rods.com[/url]

???/
    BROOKSIDE ANGLERS BAGGING MACHINE.

[url]www.River-Rods.com[/url]

Comment

maver 221

herd good reports mate havent got one me self but seen alot out on the bank maver are good lite but strong pole u wont be dissapointed in a maver u will get one cheap of ebay

Comment

My mate has just bought one and is really chuffed with it having landed carp to 16ib. I've been using a 201 which is a similar pole for the last 2 years never had any problems with it - loads of Mavers on the bank and easy to get spares which is one of the main things you need to take into consideration.

Comment

my mate got 1 last summer, number 4 snapped clean in half in a slight breeze and the walls of the section was like crape paper, i wouldnt touch a maver pole TBH

Comment

Originally posted by fizzgog View Post
            my mate got 1 last summer, number 4 snapped clean in half in a slight breeze and the walls of the section was like crape paper, i wouldnt touch a maver pole TBH
            I don't know why so many people knock Maver to be honest - funny how many Airity's and top end Garbolinos always seem to be for sale don't you think ??

Comment

CRACKING poles literaly, save your money and get a pole from a better company

Daiwa Arity and Garbolino G-series pole's are for sale at the moment, however the normal reason for sale is finacial and can be sold as they are still in one piece.

Maver's no matter which pole you decide on in the full range will be the old model in 6 month's time considering that most people upgrade a pole every 3-4 years the resale value of any maver pole you buy will be very low in comparison to the price paid now. That coupled with the fact that in this time you will have spent a fortune on new sections make them a bad buy.
              friends of mine all bought Maver's at one point in the shape of N47,371,401,ELITE 47 and all have broke sections and apart from the guy with the N47 everyone else got rid and guess what no more breakages.
              Last edited by bb bone; 5 November 2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X