Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

elastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elastic

hi guys i hear a lot of anglers use doubled up no5 elastic why do they do this why cant they use no10 whats the difference

i use doubled up elastic and find the intial stretch on the elastic is softer than using a traditional number 10. this then reduces the amount of bumped fish. As the elastic stretches further out the power kicks in gradually enabling you to play larger fish.

Comment

Scottorne and Ringer started it and lots followed like sheep! Stick to single, half the price!

Comment

each to his own. i just now that my rate of bumped fish has reduced dramatically.

Comment

Yeh, I've never tried it cos I'm scared of the expense! But surely you could stop bumping fish by using a lighter elastic? I guess you're fishing for silvers?

Comment

yeh, spose im just trying to cover my ass if i latch on to someting bigger. I tried it on a margin pole as well with double number 8's. the carp did'nt seem to scream off as fast and i just felt more in control. tried this on my last three outings so its early days but i'm gonna stick with it.

Comment

ok cheers if i done a top 2 kit do i just do it the same as one n double up

Comment

i thread mine through the connector and tie a simple overhand knot to secure it . then attach two end pieces to my tension bung.

Comment

ok thanks i get some no5 2moz and try it

Comment

one other time alan, try and keep the tension on both elastic fairly even so they retract back into the pole at the same rate.

Comment

ok cheers

Comment

Doubled 5 is such a nice elastic. Its so soft but power at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by alan9858 View Post
                          ok thanks i get some no5 2moz and try it
                          Alan a word of warning,not all elastics are suitable for doubling up.Preston slip "original" and the older Vespe elastics work best,the newer fluorescent elastics are just too sticky,and will not retract properly.HTH's mate
                          Whats a commercial fishery ?

Comment

Working...
                          X