Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Wand Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wand Advice

Hi

Im looking to buy a light feeder rod to use on the gloucester canal

My budget will be upto £70 max.

What rods are worth a look at?

Currently the only one that has caught my eye is the 10ft Shakespeare Mach 2 wand

Also can some one tell me the differance between the glass & carbon tips and what situations you would chose one of the other!!

Thanks

Originally posted by Kris View Post
    Hi

Im looking to buy a light feeder rod to use on the gloucester canal

My budget will be upto £70 max.

What rods are worth a look at?

Currently the only one that has caught my eye is the 10ft Shakespeare Mach 2 wand

Also can some one tell me the differance between the glass & carbon tips and what situations you would chose one of the other!!

Thanks
    Hi,
    i have a 10ft 6"shimano stradic wand with 3 tips 1/2 oz , 3/4 oz , 1oz . Superb bomb/light feeder rod. Its in mint condition not used for ages as i only fish the 'commies'.

£65 posted and better than any shakespeare rod. Rgds Mick

Comment

if you can stretch to around the 100 quid mark,then youll not go wrong with a shimano speedmaster light /medium 9-11'6 bomb /feeder rod.three tips,3/4 to 1.5 oz. easily cast a 50g feeder.superb silvers rod.i have had bream to 6lb on it,and it has loads to spare.i got mine from bristol angling centre.i paid 95 quid.
      talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

Glos canal try a sigma wand pop into glos angling center ask if you can look at one excellent rod with 3 tips had bream upto 5 pound no probs got mine £50 quid dont think they have gone up much.

Comment

cant go wrong with a shaky mach 2 or 3

Comment

glass tips are softer so when your lookin for shy bites use glass tip

Comment

I saw a mach 2 rod yesterday think it was 10ft,with 4 tips,42 quid.GET 1.

Comment

Originally posted by steveevans9 View Post
                Glos canal try a sigma wand pop into glos angling center ask if you can look at one excellent rod with 3 tips had bream upto 5 pound no probs got mine £50 quid dont think they have gone up much.
                Aye, cracking rod.

I've got 3, one new one and a couple of the old fibreglass ones....

Comment

thanks for the advice,

im sure i had a sigma wand years ago......didnt think they were still around

i will pop into glos angling then and have a look

be my 1st time there, what they like in there?

Comment

hi kris,
                    i bought a garbolino rocket picker 9' a few months back,i think it only cost about £30 and i can't fault it for bomb and light feeder work,it's very light and well balanced and comes with 3 tips,great for canals,small rivers for chub on the link leger and even close in on commercials for skimmers and silvers. much less than you;re looking at paying,but you could do a lot worse than taking a look,
                    hope this helps
                    paul.
                    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Glos angling center a little pricey but do have a lot of latest gear or will get anything for you the sigma wand retails for 49 quid i use it on there its updated version of the old one very good rod at the price spot on for the canal.

Comment

will google the gabro then and have a look at it :-)

Thanks Steve, will pop in there sometime soon

do you have to park in Toys r us ?

Comment

u can park on the opposite side of the road from the shop,but 50 yards either side of the shop.ie not directly opp.that wand or the mach 2 are both spot on for the canal. Whilst ur in the shop ,why not book in/pay for the christmas match,is hard but if u draw on a few ANYONE can win.and 60 plus will fish it.

Comment

i would but i have not fished a match since i was in my teens with Tuffley AC

Not to sure if they are still going!!

Comment

as long as u can cast in the same place a few times ,u will catch as much as everyone else,u get quite a few there that only fish 1 match a year,this 1,u will know a good few of them from tuffley etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X