Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Flow when fishing a canal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow when fishing a canal.

Any advice on how to stop your float from running with the flow of a canal on the pole any advice appreciated.

try this.take your float out of the water.it sounds stupid,but all canals will tow,especially when a boat is passing.just lift the float out of the water and wait.5 mins is the norm.
    talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

hold it hard back! Fish over depth! Heavier float!
      Are you trying to fish further than your pole is long? If yes then that's really hard depending on the flow impossible!

Some of the canals i fish you would have to go to 10 and sometimes more or so grams to get it straight and reasonably still!
      I like to leave it in when a boat goes past [wider canals] hold it hard back and when the tow takes the hook up or of the bottom is often when a bream will take it boom like no messing!

Holding it back and then letting it go ever so slightly will often induce fish to take the bait.Let the float drag the hook behind it also!
      Last edited by andrew65; 10 November 2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

why would you want to , you can sometimes catch better when running the float at them after all its natural for the bait to be moving when its flowing
        I want an end peg

Comment

ok cheers guys

Comment

In the past i have set up a rig that lets me run a float allong the far bank, just as if i was on a river. this has worked no end of times on the cuts around kiddiminster, theres loads of chub holes and the flow can get you places you couldn't without it. Use it to your advantage!

Comment

cheers for that whwt size float should i be using with a tow i,ve been told a 1g to 1.5g

Comment

1g to 1.5g is way to heavy.
                I fished the cut a couple of days ago and used a 4 x 10 float in the track with six no 12 Sensas shot and a couple of 13s strung out. This gives delicate on the drop presentation but the fact the shot are spread out allows each one to pick up the tow. I caught best when float was tripping through at dead depth with breadpunch. Bites are far more decisive/positive like this than when float is standing still. It's like on rivers. Fish have to decide in a second whether or not they will have the bait when it is moving past them.

Comment

cheers for that

Comment

Originally posted by fishster View Post
                    cheers for that whwt size float should i be using with a tow i,ve been told a 1g to 1.5g
                    Depends on the tow ! But certainly not too heavy in the right circumstances and depth of course!!!

Comment

depth is about four to six ft and tow is very strong

Comment

Working...
                      X