Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Mw floats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mw floats

Anybody know where to get hold of Mick Wilkinson Pole Floats,i understand these are quite hard to get hold of ?

Just got to keep checking, at times there are loads available but they go quick!

Comment

Or just buy Ackoo's floats instead, just as good.

Comment

Micks float are hard to get hold of. He has a website MW Floats (Powered by CubeCart) but unfortunately sells out rather quickly.

I had been looking for a particular type of float that could be used across on the far bank of snake lakes and in shallow water down the edge. After being put onto Nick by searching out a particular venue and being directed to the Kent Match fishing forum, I came across his floats. Nothing there that I could use on my local waters but after for me getting into conversation with him he agreed to make some specials.

I was after a float with a short bristle and only 7cm in length. It needed to only carry a small amount of shotting and with no eyes (my preference).The finished article can be seen here Home - Float Store After about a week the finished product ended up on my doorstep. The shotting was spot on and have gone onto use them at a local venue with some success. An angry carp pulled the float through some reeds and out the other side and the float stood up to the task admirably. The floats actually can also be used as an up in the water float, they are that good.

I know there are plenty of people who make floats that are very good, Hillbilly, Wilky, John Walker and Ackoo to name a few. Add Nick Gibert to the list and remember if you cannot see what you want ask. He may even name the float after you LOL. I was certainly not disappointed and will be going back for more to use in deeper water soon.
        [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Nick makes a good float Keith as for Wilkies I have been watching his site for over a year and despite what people say about them being added randomly 90% of the time its Friday evening they get added. but never more than a few patterns at a time,

So keep watching or try Ackoo
          [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
          [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

thanks for the info,will keep a lookout,and check out these other ones you mention.tight lines

Comment

Originally posted by justin case View Post
              Nick makes a good float Keith as for Wilkies I have been watching his site for over a year and despite what people say about them being added randomly 90% of the time its Friday evening they get added. but never more than a few patterns at a time,

So keep watching or try Ackoo
              Whilst I was off work for a month sick I often found there to be a load of MW floats available around 10am Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Should have bought em all and sold on Ebay!

Comment

lol you would of made a small fortune,i had a look and there gettin silly money just for a few of 'em !

Comment

I've got a few, which ones are you after?

Comment

im after some of the power diamonds in various sizes.

Comment

I haven't got any of them, there were loads of them on! I prefer Ackoo's Power Traps.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
                          Should have bought em all and sold on Ebay!
                          yeah you probably would have Nathan but they dont seem to be as valuble as a year ago, I think thats down to most of the wilkies on flea bay are fakes now

a little clue to succesful wilkie hunting get some software that tracks website changes im saying no more lol
                          [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                          [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
                          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                          [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                          [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                          [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Have u tried Benwick sports angling

Comment

Try Roy Dermott for cheap quality handmade floats. In my opinion he makes the best pea float (and in 3 sizes) and I have MW peas to compare them to. I like the floats I have got off Ackoo and have quite a lot of Malman floats. I must admit Nick Gilberts floats do look good though and will be ordering some for next season. Now if anybody produce handmade stick floats I would be very interested in buying some.

Comment

Working...
                              X