Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

new poles and the usual slip ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new poles and the usual slip ups

I know of a young man who ordered 3 weeks ago and paid for a maP TKS 50 pole he had worked overtime and scrimped and saved it would not have been my choice of pole however he is delighted with it my match fishing magazine came yesterday and in a full 2 page spread the new range of poles from MAP and looking on a certain tackle dealers 3 page spread the TKS40 & 50 severely reduced in price so much so that ther young man has paid over £250 more than he should have done he brought it from a tackle shop local to him.
    Why oh why does this allways happen should the tackle dealer have said wait for 3 weeks a new range is coming out or if you still want the 50 I can probably get a better discount he feels cheated and I think he is probably right. WHAT DO YOU THINK.
    I am not picking on MAP here this has nothing to do with them all manufacturers do this.

The dealer sold it for what he could,a bit naughty,as he would of known the new one's are coming out,but with the climate the way it is the dealer is just looking after himself,u never know he could be really struggling.Did the lad do his homework etc,seek advice from someone more expierienced,as most companys bring new products out in oct/nov it is common knowledge.i wud feel agreived,has he used the pole yet?

Comment

If he was a half decent dealer and thought anything about his customers then maybe he should of told him but at the end of the day he is trying to earn his money there will be a lot of dealers out there that would of done the same but then there would be a lot that would of told him to wait its just a case of bad luck

Comment

Fordy I do not really know how much research he did and the only reason I know about this is the lad brought it to me to have it elasticated knowing him and his dad well I would have thought he would have looked into it but how much notice do dealers get I wonder and I would have thought that dealers would be given special rates to dispose of old stock but thanks for looking anyway regards Stewartt

Comment

Without doubt all tackle dealers do not get the same rate of discount, now lets assume that the dealer in question purchased the pole at lets say selling price less 20% but the offer as advertised in magazine represented less 30%, for the tackle dealer who sold the pole to match this he would have lost money, he would not be around long at that rate would he. Often these big discounted poles are purchased by the dealer in large numbers, to clear manufacturers stocks obviously the small man can not compete with the dealers who can afford to do so.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

if the dealer had already bought the pole I could see why he would charge full price as he would have to pay the full price from MAP. The dealer may also not be clued up on whats going on so it could be an honest mistake as it could harm any future sales, to be fair any pole bought today will be discounted in the future so any given pole is only worth what you are prepared to pay.I am sure after a couple of months he will be happy with his purchase and it will stand him in good stead for any more tackle he needs as he will do more research. Hope the dealer did not pull the wool over his eyes as its just as hard for everyone at this present time..bb

Comment

Thought I read somewhere that the TKS 50, being the latest model in the TKS range, was the only model in that particular range remaining?

Comment

Good pint Brian and I agree only the tackle dealer he purchased it from are what we would call a large dealer and no he did not have a 50 in stock I did not make this point to either crucify the dealer in question or MAP I am sure it happens elsewhere also and every one has a right to earn a living but should that dealerr have declared to the buyer that a new range of MAP poles would shortly be available its a diffiicult one if the new range is a distinct improvement then surely the dealer should have mentiuoned it. I rest this subject now than ks guys regards Stewart

Comment

Working...
                X