Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reels

Hi all just out of interest in your opinion what reel would you go for if you were carp fishing out of these 3...

^TFGear F8 Extreme Distance Reel

^TFGear Power Distance Big Pit

^The Wychwood Riot 75 Big Pit Reel

Regards,
    Adam.
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
    [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Adam..

In all seriousness pal, If i was to spend £150 on a set of 3 reels, id be looking at a set of good s/hand Shimano 10000 xtes pal.
    Sticking with a proper reel name rather than a company that buy from someone else and then re-brand is always good advice in my book... lol.

I know theyre not big pit reels but somewhere in the middle, from the "normal" baitrunner size and a large spool reel.
    I cant remember the name but a named "big chuck" angler tested the shimmys against a set of top end big pits and the difference in distance was next to nothing, and for "normal" anglers his opinion was that the spool size wouldnt make any difference to distance. Obviously you also get a proper "baitrunner" system with the shimmy 10ks...
    Effort = Reward.

Comment

Thanks Ian i wont be buying a set of 3 anyway as i only have 1 rod license so it will only be the 2.
      Everyone keeps suggesting the shimano range but i dont want to stick to the norm if you know what i mean i already have to shimano aero's.
      Im not trying to be arrogant just simply trying out new means and ways for my self.

Thanks Ian

Kind regards,
      Adam
      The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Comment

I like the way the pictures seem to get bigger!
        Me i have reels from many different makes and wouldn't put one above another its like everything else there are pros and cons Shimano included!
        Me ,price is a major factor but if its cheap doesn't mean i would buy it!

For carp fishing i would look for a bait runner well at least if its put your rod down and get in a tent type of carping...... However i like to use big pit reels even for relatively close in work[feeder] i feel i have more control . OK there are weight issues but for me they are out weighed . One turn of the handle and the fish is almost in!Also they seem to make casting effort less i can also reach with a 4000 or 6000 i guess its a feeling!
        Last edited by andrew65; 14 November 2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks Andrew.
          The only reason why he Wychwood reel seems bigger is because i got that pic from a different site.
          I have considered bait runners and i would a pair of Daiwa x br 5500 but they will take me bloody ages to save up for lol i will most probably get them at a later date.

Thanks,
          adam.

Comment

daiwa

Comment

Lol i know amazing reels :P

Comment

Working...
              X