Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tournament Pro Pole - Must read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Pro Pole - Must read!

If you have a tournament pro you must read this!

I just bought some of the new parallel No4 sections now available - for those that havent seen them they are a 0.8M No4 section but they are parallel so you can add these in and lengthen your pole - i.e. if you add three of these little beauties to your pole you can fish at 15M when you only have the 13M butt section in your hands! Plus these make the pole stiffer and lighter because rather than adding a 14.5M extension to get longer you are only adding three skinny little No4's!

Anyway - well worth a look for those of you with the Tourney Pro!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

How much do they sell for Simon?
    [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/category/fishing/"]Blog[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/calculator"]Shot Calculator[/URL]

Comment

RRP is £59 so you should be able to get them at around the £50 mark... well worth £100 to put another 1.6M on your touney pro me thinks!
      Simon Young
      Admin

Comment

surely this would make the pole less stiff as you are making it taper less fast

Comment

Also is the strength compromised, as I thought the strength of the pole came from the actual tapering. If you added some straight sections in those areas surely it would mean less strength????????????????
          [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

No the strength and stiffness is not compromised - the clever little chaps at Daiwa have made these short parrallel sections stronger than the normal pole sections. You have to really try them but trust me they are good...

Also going to come in handy when you want to fish at 4.5, 5, 5.5 and 6.5 meters as they can act as tiny little extensions.
            Simon Young
            Admin

Comment

It would be impossible to add a parallel section to a pole and make the pole stiffer than what a tapered section would. Simple physics or are Daiwa involving the splitting of atoms into pole design now
              I agree it could make the pole stronger, as it would make the pole more through actioned.

Comment

The point you might have missed is that these parallel sections are only 0.8M long so I would bet that two thicker 0.8M parallel sections would be stiffer than a standard 1.5M section...
                Simon Young
                Admin

Comment

If you added 10 of these sections you would have a very soft actioned pole because of the slim diameter and absence of the taper, hence if you added 1 you would make the pole slightly more soft. If these sections made a pole stiffer why dont we have 13m poles with 1.5in diameter thick butt sections?

Comment

Griff you are missing the point... if you had 13M of these little short sections you wouldnt be able to lift the pole, they are a lot thicker material than normal sections - hence they ARE stiffer.

If I gave you a pole made out of steel 1M sections it would be stiffer than a carbon pole but you wouldnt be able to lift it!

I'm saying adding any more than 3 of these does compromise the stiffness but if you add 2 you have the 13M butt section in your hands and you are fishing 14.5M

Anyway this is just my advice and anyone who has a tourney pro would be well advised to give these a go, I dont work for Daiwa and I'm actually sponsored by Tubertini so I have no other reason to recommend these other than the fact I think they are excellent - not to get into an arguement over physics!
                    Simon Young
                    Admin

Comment

The thicker walls would aid stiffness in one way (density) but hinder stiffness in other ways (extra weight to diameter). It would be interesting to see these sections. I would think that the pole would be stiffer at shorter lengths like a true 13 than with a standard kit at a true 13 but softer in comparison the longer you go.
                      Last edited by Griff; 30 May 2007, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X