Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shimano Exage Ax Or Super Legion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimano Exage Ax Or Super Legion?

Hi im new to this forum and would really appreciate some advice...i am currently looking to purchase either of the following poles: SHIMANO EXAGE AX COMPETITION 14.5M POLE or the GARBOLINO SUPER LEGION 16M. i have read really good reviews on both of the above sub £500 poles. im asking for your advice and opinions on which one i should purchase and reasons for your opinions. Or if there is another pole i should consider, with a price range £500 or below/14.5 meters and above/all rounder. Your replies would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Shane.

Hi mate

I think you might be getting your Legions mixed up.
    You won't get a NEW Super Legion for £500, they are about £1250.

The Garbolino Premier Legion is £499 @16m it is a very good up to 14.5m and good value pole for the money.
    Not tried the Shimano Exage but heard it is also a very good pole.
    [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

yes thanks for the correction i meant the premier legion...well spotted madforit

Comment

myself and golden hand have the exage cant fault it mate

Comment

yes i would give the exage a go for the money you can,t go wrong, the power tops are cheap between £35 to £40

Comment

thanks for your replies, question for aka and golden...is the exage pole fishable at 14.5 metres, or too heavy?

Comment

yes mate fishable. i havnt done it for longer than 4 hours but no probs and still nice and stiff.

Comment

shrimpy all poles are hard work at 14m but i can say it is as good as any other pole i have used at that length it is still stiff yes i would say it is well manageable Exage AX Competition 1450 - Reviews type this into google and read the reviews

Comment

Hi, Shrimpy. I'm in the same boat as you Got £500 and looking for the best pole package WMAC are doing the Exage AX Competion 14.5m for £307 haven't seen a better price. Fosters got a Garbo G 50 comp and good spares for £391.49. Mullarkeys are doing a MAP TKS 30 for £429. Hope that helps. PS check out Fishing Spares - fishingspares.co.uk heaps of Exage spares so if thats the one you'll never struggle for bits.

Comment

I've recently got a exage as a back up spare pole can't fault it not put it away since, got the half butt with mine can't fault it at all

Comment

new pole

hi shrimpy

i have sent you a pm please check it

cheers
                      citytillidie

Comment

Exage all the way mate
                        :D [url]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/url] :D
                        [url]www.marukyu.co.uk[/url]
                        [url]https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Deans-sponsored-blogs/276058322491717[/url]
                        [url]http://www.dt-floats.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

I got the Exage too!

A fantastic piece of kit!

I visited Fosters and handled a few poles before buying mine and can honestly say that if you didnt know, comparing it to others, you would expect it to be near the £1000 mark.

All the best.
                          To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

Working...
                          X