• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve200
    Talk Angling User
    Trusted Angler
    • Jan 2009

clothing help

The time has come to get some new clothing. My question is whats on the market that will last more than 1 winter. Im not sure I can stretch to Halkon Hunt gear so for now i will rule that one out.
  • dunk
    john
    Talk Angling Behemoth
    • Dec 2009

preston for m8. i have got preston had it 3 years how lovely dry & warm.

Comment

• Poleyyyy (steve)
      Talk Angling User
      Talk Angling Whale
      • Mar 2008

Protak gear is made from similar stuff to gortex but about a 1/3rd of the price you can Google protak
      A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• MR MOIST
        carpet licker
        Bagging Machine
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by steve200 View Post
        The time has come to get some new clothing. My question is whats on the market that will last more than 1 winter. Im not sure I can stretch to Halkon Hunt gear so for now i will rule that one out.
        i,ve got a sensas goretex bib and brace for sale excellent condition. size large.
        Team GB rug munching champion.

Comment

• macca63
          Talk Angling User
          Double Ton
          • Jun 2009

Protak all the way, 100% waterproof plus you can get it lined or unlined. Fantastic customer service too

Comment

• lilpinkie
            Talk Angling User
            • Jan 2010

after 2.5 years of trying to find some decent gear to do what its supposed to finally listened to what i was being told and got some protak gear - now I just smile when it rains!!

Comment

• Aidan
              Talk Angling User
              TA 750+ Club
              • Apr 2009

Gore tex just pay a little more and it will last ages

Comment

• topgun23
                Talk Angling User
                Done a Ton
                • Mar 2007

Another vote for Protak, took the time on the phone to get me sorted.
                [URL="http://topgun23.5gbfree.com/custompc.html"][IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/topgun23/My%20work/cooltext46491732.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• blue nose
                  Talk Angling User
                  Double Ton
                  • Jul 2009

gor tex

mate if i was you i would hang on until you have saved up and buy h&h gortex nothing will touch it its the best bit of kit you will buy. i also have a pro tek and must admit its not bad at all. but if you are in a position that you need to buy now and cant aford gortex then go for pro tak you wont be disapointed.........

Comment

• SIBECK
                    its the turning up that counts.......
                    Done a Ton
                    • Nov 2009

sent a pm yamma

Comment

• mat.m
                      HYDE 20'S A/C
                      Done a Ton
                      • Dec 2009

protak

for £125 you can get protak bib n brace and pole jacket in a range of different colours and trim , made to measure ,you can have your name / club etc stiched on it , it is top notch gear and everyone who owns a set will tell you , my new set is ready picking it up tomorrow ,

Comment

• Pete M
                        Rolfs Lake 200+ Club
                        Talk Angling Whale
                        • Aug 2006

Protak,
                        You can find my initial thoughts on their TR Design kit HERE.
                        [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
                        [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

• ridgeacre
                          Talk Angling User
                          Site Life Member
                          • Aug 2006

pete that's what I call a good down to earth honest report.

I fished for a match group 15 years ago and we had Protac gear. They didn't have the stuff then that they have now but the stuff they used was excellent.Never let me down and I wore it for 8/9 yearsgot a little larger as we do with age, I gave the jacket away to one my club members a couple off months ago and its serving him well.Myself are now in the position pete was in so it looks like Protac again.

Comment

• steve200
                            Talk Angling User
                            Trusted Angler
                            • Jan 2009

thanks for the help guys, im currently awaiting my team sponsors to get back to me on clothing but if I have to wait much longer I may as well try the protak.

Comment

• Goff
                              Jack,Frances and Archie,s Grandad
                              Talk Angling Whale
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by steve200 View Post
                              thanks for the help guys, im currently awaiting my team sponsors to get back to me on clothing but if I have to wait much longer I may as well try the protak.
                              Steve A set of PROTAC with a fleece all in one romper suit underneath all for under £150 is a no no brainer mate cant be beat unless u can afford the silly money stuff !!!
                              MR. BLUE SKY

Comment

Working...
                              X