Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Line usage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line usage.

I need some help from you guys so please peruse this posting and see if you can help.
    I have recently started fishing again after several years absence due to ill health, when I last fished it was on what I call traditional waters as opposite to Commercial Fisheries.
    On resumption of my fishing I realise that these Commercial waters are more suited to my requirements, ie Car parking and most are relatively flat.
    I have updated my Pole equipment, ie elastics, power tips and such like.
    Whilst retreiving my other rods from the loft I relaised how much I had forgotten about this sport/pastime of ours.
    My problem is this, what B/s line to use with the following rods.
    Shakespeare Boron Mach 2, 13 foot and the action is described as
    A-20

Shakespeare Sigma three tip "Wand" Action A-10

Silstar Kevlar Dia Flex 12' Twin Tip Feeder Rod Action Light to Medium.

All the above are little used and two are over 20 years old, I would appreciate any help any one could give me on the maximum Breaking Strain Line I could use on them, the last thing I need is to finish up with a pile of carbon shards in my swim.

Depends where you end up fishing but forget the Sigma wand on most commercials! I used mine for skimmers and fish up to about 2.5lb using about 3lb line.It's a brilliantly sensitive rod!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Many thanks "Kingfisher" for your prompt reply, will save the Wand for the local "Cut" or put it back to rest in the loft, cheers.

Comment

In answer to your questions the Boron Mach 2 has a maximum line rating of 6lb, and takes a maximum hook length of 4lb. The Sigma Wand takes a maximum line rating of 3lb and has a 2lb hook length.
        I have both rods and still have the original rod bags and info attached, hope this helps

Comment

Many, many thanks Mr Polemaster, I too have the original rod bags but did not have the information you have kindly offered.
          These forums are good are'nt they.

Comment

Working...
          X