Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Long range method feeder rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long range method feeder rod

Guys,

ANyone got a recommendation for a long range method feeder rod, and when I say long range I mean a really big chuck.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

method feeder rod

Simon i use Shimano df heavy feeder its spot on but if you want a cheap 1 go for the leeda coconut chucker
    [url]www.salvesen-angling-club.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Thanks for the offer Geoff, what reels do you use for your biggest chucks?
      Simon Young
      Admin

Comment

Hi Simon
        I use the Drennan series 7 method feeder rod and can fault it
        Les
        Garbolino Super Legion - a great pole - it is for me anyway

Comment

I use my carp rods now method fishing reel's shimano bait runners 6000 series.
          I found you have some serious weight weight with a large ball of ground bait &found it the weight was breaking the tip of my normal feeder rods after a while using them for the method

Comment

Shimano 6000 gte baitrunner

Simon i use the Shimano 6000 gte baitrunner
            [url]www.salvesen-angling-club.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Yes the 6000 is a good reel but is it the best for this type of work? And are you using a shock leader and braid?
              Simon Young
              Admin

Comment

No not using a shockleader or braid just using the normal 10lb's B/S Suffix SynergyCarp fishing line & &emstat feeder . Ive found the 6000& the6000 gte's a supurb reel 'sf or this type of fishing it's strong .robust , ideal for hard fighting carp been using them for over 6 years not had a peep out of them they are used & abused 2/3 times a week .And still going strong.

Comment

shimano beast master heavy multi tip feeder rod at 13ft. great rod at a good price.
                  i try hard, but sometimes.......

Comment

Bought the Preston Dutch Master 14-2 feeder rod... got to say this bad boy can chuck!
                    Simon Young
                    Admin

Comment

If you can get hold of one,the orignal 13ft normark multi tip is the nads for a long chuck.I had one when i used to fish at drayton and i could out throw the rest of the lads with it.see a few on ebay now and again. must stress you need the old one designed by geoff salisbury,fantastic rod.

Comment

Don't ever bother with braid if your method feeder fishing for carp, especially long distance work. Your rod will be too stiff to cope with the intial bite and the lunges after. Not a fan of shock leaders myself. I think with method fishing bites are normally that positive,that mono will pick them up at any distance.
                        [url]www.falcontackle.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung
                          Bought the Preston Dutch Master 14-2 feeder rod... got to say this bad boy can chuck!
                          Think I have this version. Is the Heavy right ? I can say this baby cant lump out some big stuff. Not recommended if you bagging up on the skimmers though
                          [B][I][COLOR="Red"]There is no point trying if your afraid of losing[/COLOR][/I][/b]

Comment

Originally posted by smallangler View Post
                            If you can get hold of one,the orignal 13ft normark multi tip is the nads for a long chuck.I had one when i used to fish at drayton and i could out throw the rest of the lads with it.see a few on ebay now and again. must stress you need the old one designed by geoff salisbury,fantastic rod.
                            I've got one and have had nothing but trouble. snapped tips and carrier sections both times I've used it. The new one (quiver II) is far better, with a more progressive action.

Comment

12/14 beastmaster heavy feeder it chucks outta site matey

Comment

Working...
                              X