Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Small Rod (6 ft) for children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Rod (6 ft) for children

Hi everybody,

I was hoping you guys could help.

I have 2 8 year old daughters who have shown an interest in fishing. They have used my rod for the first couple of times (12ft) so not realy ideal.

Im after maybe a 6ft rod that they can use for float fishing, something that I can teach them to cast with.

Will something like a 6ft spinner rod be ok for this.

Also I dont want to spend lots just incase this is a flash in the pan.

Thanks all

Whilst it may appear that a shorter rod would be easier to control it is the opposite, to introduce any youngster to fishing I would recommend using a whip to hand theres nothing to become tangled and no reel to worry about, a six metre whip would cover a lot of water at this time of the year when fish will come to the margins. Without doubt the way to keep youngsters interested is to get them catching by finding a venue with a good head of small fish and get them used to hooking and playing fish.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Brian.

I did not know about whips, so I just googled them. Looks like a good Idea.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

You will pick up a cheap whip for a few pound, have a look at the Middy range, they used to do one with two tops one elasticated and the other as a flick tip, make a few rigs up and you are well set if they get into a tangle.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Why not wait for the fishing week thats coming up as you may find a local venue doing an event, last year they were giving whips away to all who attended, but as above most people now teach with whips

Comment

Working...
          X