Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pull bung and elastic set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull bung and elastic set up

When using a pull bung in the top kit, having your elastic set up just nice creeping back in the tip and all is going well for a few months.

Then comes the time when your elastic wears on the end and needs trimming off a little, after doing so then you find the elastic is set too harsh resulting in bumping fish .
    Do you have to replce the whole laccy or is there any other way round it as this could prove costly with hydro ect?
    Roll on friday

Haven't tried it but what about attaching a lenghth of dacron to the hydro in the way a leader is attached to a flyline. Concern being that the connection is small enough to pass through the pull bung?!

Comment

When you first elasticate, put some turns on your bung. Then when you need to trim take a turn or two off giving you that bit extra.

Comment

The most exposed portion of your elastic next to the stonflo or whatever arrangement you've made tp attach rigs is the part of elastic which breaks down first. I Always use Preston InnovationsStora Bungs which are designed to allow an extra length of elastic to be stored.As Barny suggests cut off the worn portion of elastic and unravel a little of extra elastic and retie stonfo.
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

didn't the enquiry relate to pulla bungs where stora bungs are not used ? i would suggest the possibility of using some kind of storage device on the pull end . it may have to be custom made as i haven't seen one yet. i am sure the manufacturers have spotted this over sight and are working on it right now! that is unless they intend to sell us loads more laggy !
          the carrot bites back:D
          ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Complete tangler you could well be right about us buying more elastic mate.

I was going to fit pull bungs with my grey hydro but this idea put me off all together!
            Suppose its ok if you get the laccy for free if you have a sponsor.
            Roll on friday

Comment

i think shimano have brought there version out where there is a small winder on the side of the top kit to put a couple of turns of elastic round

i have been using the preston ones for a few weeks now and had them on my black hydro, and i think im going off them! what happens is you ship down to your top 3 and sometimes you can get the fish early.... if you miss it, then you think right, just pull the elastic out, and the moment you do this the fish runs out from the bank harder than before! due to the extra pressure and your in a bigger mess than before, im going to swap them over to my white and grey and see how they perform, but as far as black goes its a waste of time in my opinion, probably better of stepping up to purple
              Matt Smith
              Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

elastics is a very complex issue it has took me years to find the ones which suit my style . i favour the drennan ones not on cost as i aint short but because my fish landed ratio shot up on these. i tend to fish small hooks and use .11 powerline a lot and have no problems with double figure carp (best over 14lb) i noticed there is definately an art to getting carp in quick and it doesn't involve pulling on your laggy !
                ooh you are awful!!

Comment

a bit like playing bream where they can be lead into the net. my mate used to take no prisoners in his approach and was very successful. he reckoned any fish cant fight back if it cant turn its head in the direction it desires. seen him land 15lb carp in 20 seconds just by steady pulling with the right gear. like i said complex. he is a maverick though.
                  ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Working...
                  X