Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

£400 pole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £400 pole?

Hi guys, i am coming back into the fishing scene after a year out and want to get back into pole fishing, I would like the pole to be 14.5m - 16m and it must be able to handle carp to 15lb but yet be suitable for winter canal fishing

I would like the pole to have at least 2 pk and 1 mk and possibly a cuppping kit but if not i can buy that seperately

Thanks for any help you can offer

pole

have a look at the shimano exage pole the best pole for £400 it is 14.5 mtrs long

Comment

Originally posted by lastagain
      have a look at the shimano exage pole the best pole for £400 it is 14.5 mtrs long
      Will do mate, how do you guys rate the Garbolino Premier Legion?

Comment

Forgot to mention it can either be a new or secondhand pole for £400

Comment

Originally posted by lastagain
          i agree with lastagain i have the exage and i cant fault it

Comment

The Garbolino premier legion would do the job (mine does ), 16m and you can pick one up for £450 or thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by royst
              The Garbolino premier legion would do the job (mine does ), 16m and you can pick one up for £450 or thereabouts.
              Thanks for that royst, can you tell me how it fairs at 16m although i rarely ever fish at this length when i do it wont be for long, possibly an hour

I might get a second hand premier legion as that gives me more money on needed essentials (spelling)

Comment

Yes I got mine second hand for £300. Its ok to fish at 14.5m but to be honest too heavy for me at 16m, but then most poles in that price range are. Have had carp up to 15lb on it at Rolfs with no problems. Biggest problem for me was when I put my knee through it on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by royst
                  Yes I got mine second hand for £300. Its ok to fish at 14.5m but to be honest too heavy for me at 16m, but then most poles in that price range are. Have had carp up to 15lb on it at Rolfs with no problems. Biggest problem for me was when I put my knee through it on Saturday.
                  I expect it to be heavy at 16m especially for under £500 new, i have heard the "Rolfs" carp go bloomin' nutty aswell

Can i ask what elastic you use in your top kits? as i am planning on using my pole on commercials, river and canals and wondered if the power top 2 kits would be too beefy for light work in winter?

Thats a shame about your pole royst, i have done that with my first pole thank christ it was a ron thompson That leads me to my next question which is........how easy is it to buy spares for these poles?

Comment

Fosters in Birmingham keep all spare sections in stock. Speak to Ade - he will put you right.
                    I dont tend to fish much in the winter although I have got a match kit with No4 laccy in it somewhere. My kits have either red, black or white hydro although I've heard the purple is good so I might get that next. Also thinking of getting some pull bungs so I can fish lighter laccys and tighten up for the big boys.

Comment

LOL, always looking for that fish of a lifetime on the pole

If hope you dont mind me asking but what did you get with your pole for £300? as in how many top kits, a cupping kit?.......

Comment

I think it was one match kit and three power kits, the beauty of buying second hand is they were already elasticated and ready to go. Over time I have changed them all but its a cheap way to start.
                        There was no cupping kit but Garbolino do an adjustable one which you can pick up for £35 if you shop around.

Comment

Thats a bargain for £300, i just have to sell my air rifle now

Thanks for your help guys and i will look into the exage and premier legion and see which is the best bet I like the premier legion as there is the option to fish at 16m but the exage has had great press

decisions decisions..................

Comment

I think the Exage is Brown whereas the the premier legion is a lovely Blue

Comment

I thought it was green? but i prefer blue

Comment

Working...
                              X