Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole problem

I've broken another section on my Garbolino 796, first it was the No4 this time the wind got it on Sunday and broke the No6. I have replaced the No4 previously at a acost of about £120.00, and am now fed up with the thing. Has anybodey else heard of this pole having problems breaking. I have used many poles before and this has been the only one I seem to break constantly.

I think i'll change, but to what, fishing both commercials and canals??

Kev

hello little fish have a look at the pole doctor or pole correction thats wear I had mind reperd and they did a good job of it so have a look at them and see if they are of engood for you the pole correction as a web site hope this help you garyfishman

Comment

yes my bro on Sunday he Brok his no4 on his 796 but before that he also Brok his top 2 i think it looks like you are right i think its the carbon is to thin i have a garbolino premier legion and all i have had is the pole rollers drop on it and put a hole in the extension and it snap ed after a time and also had some cracks at the end of my top 2s that's all touch wood and i am thinking of get my self a 796 well maybe??.. and on Sunday i also snapped my landing net pole the grbolino 366 that thin to.... i also have had all the wiggler's from garbolino fall a part and i got about 12 of them and the have all dun the same the weight has fallen out. so i am think the same??

Comment

Originally posted by baging up art
        yes my bro on Sunday he Brok his no4 on his 796 but before that he also Brok his top 2 i think it looks like you are right i think its the carbon is to thin i have a garbolino premier legion and all i have had is the pole rollers drop on it and put a hole in the extension and it snap ed after a time and also had some cracks at the end of my top 2s that's all touch wood and i am thinking of get my self a 796 well maybe??.. and on Sunday i also snapped my landing net pole the grbolino 366 that thin to.... i also have had all the wiggler's from garbolino fall a part and i got about 12 of them and the have all dun the same the weight has fallen out. so i am think the same??
        Did you mean 'wiggler' or is it supposed to be waggler

Comment

sorry mate yes wagglers not so good at typing lol

Comment

man like the bro said i broke my top4, and also 2 top twos. man, i was gutted and all i did was pull the carp away from the reeds and BANG it went shooting across the lake with the top2. got it back, but snapped where it joins in on the section. any tips on getting it out would be a great help
            (think garbolino has big problems)
            and when i e/mailed darron cox to tell him the problem im having he didnt even get back to me (says it all really).
            [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

Pole problem

Thanks for some of the input, I think the walls are too thin, you only have to apply a slight pressure and the pole starts to squash and form an oval shape. With the Dawia and Shimano poles I have had before this did'nt happen.
              Looks like i've got to buy a new No6 section as so I can sell it and move on. I'll probaly try another Dawia.

Comment

Gary fishman
                Do you know what the web site address is for the pole repairs, i've looked but can't find.
                Cheers

Comment

Try this one Scott at Esselle is highly rated by many on this site

pole repairs

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Brian
                    I've had a look at the web site and I'll contact them to find out cost and time period for the repair.

Comment

think you are right cuz i have a preston lerc 50/50 and i have had a 25lb carp on that with know worrys dont think i would like to do that on the 796?
                      [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

I have owned a Power legion for the last 4 years and had no problems whatsoever. Also had a super legion for the last 2 years which broke a No6 first time out for no reason. A couple of small hairline cracks have appeared over time in a couple of sections but only in the exterior. It wasn't bought as a carp pole but have landed doubles on it and it keeps going. If I know I'm carping I obviously use the power legion because it can even be used as a margin pole it is THAT strong. The cracks in the super are probably from my abuse but they are both still great poles. I have ordered a Super G10 and have a buyer for my super legion waiting but the power legion will stay in the holdall forever. The power kits on the SL,PL, and 796 are all the same so shouldn't give up the ghost that easily as they are rated to 20 elastic.
                        Sections 4,5, and 6 should go in that order before the top 2s. In my opinion the blurb in the brochure is misleading as it says you can comfortably fish elastics up to a size 20 with the SL and 995, that effectively render their margin poles obsolete! 16 elastic max and a soft 16 at that. A problem I can see is that commercial carping now comes in a variety of shapes and forms and you need to be more specific in matching your new pride and joy to your fishing,... and for the manufacturers to stop implying their poles will cover all disciplines when clearly they won't.
                        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Just checked and despite the 796 using the same power kits (K2P/SPLV) it doesn't mention using 20 elastic in it's description for some reason. It also says the premier legion has a TRUE elastic rating of 20. My mate bought one on my reccomendation and he too bust a No4 but that was using it as a margin pole and hooked a mid double under his feet. Again I would say a soft 16 max.
                          MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

i know what you are saying,and i love my 796
                            but if you are fishing 13 and a half metres to an island with snags to your left and right you need some control over the fish to keep them away from the snags.
                            i was using a red hydro when i broke the number4 and did nothing diffrent to what i would do with my old preston pole and that has never broke on me.
                            i did start on a black hydro but was losing to many floats and had no control over what the fish wanted to do or where it wanted to go so i swapped to a red.
                            may be we just expect to much from these pole?

Comment

I know my local shop has had to get a few no7 and 4 sections.

Comment

Working...
                              X