Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Best Margin Pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Margin Pole

I fancy getting a Margin pole and have been looking at the Middy shock stick with an extension to 4.5M. Anyone any thought on what is a good Margin monster.

Hi little fish, I use the shimano beast master. Can go to 10 mtrs with ext. Very light and stiff but has a great action. Will stop a bus in its tracks. They retail about 100 quid so if you dont have to worry too much about a budget it is worth taking a look. Nowadays though most margin poles are a bit of a muchness and the only real difference in my opinion is the length you want to fish at. 10 mtrs is very useful especially if youre lucky enough to have an empty peg next to you!

Comment

Thanks, does it come with any spare tops. The added length of 10M would be usful against a true a margin pole of say 4.5 or 6M.

Comment

Little fish i got the diawa 10 mtr yank and bank its tough has old boots and usable at 10mtrs it comes with 3 tops and i've had fish to 17 1/2 lbs on it no problem.
        Steve Davies

Comment

for value you wont beet the middy hot spot,you can get an extension to 11meters but comes as 9and1/2 standard ive had mine a couple off years now and its unbelievable the strength it has i rigged mine up with the blue middy hollowcore(22)and fish .023 straight to fox extra strong hooks nothing gets away ive had commons up to 21lb and mirrors upto 18lb,it might be cheep but it aint nasty

Comment

The Shimano Beast Master does it for me mate ...its superb!

Comment

I must agree with robbydrum, The beastmaster is the dogs doo dahs.

Comment

Hi Little Fish, I got a Middy White Knuckle from Fort Angling for £35 it is only 6 metres but with the 24 elastic set right it will deal with those animals down the margin and will stop a Sherman tank. Hope that was helpful

Comment

I use the Middy White Knuckle 6m Margin Pole and it is helped me land a 17lb carp so it should be good for you
                  The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
                  [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

i would go with the beast master it is a nice pole

Comment

ive got the hot spot mate, it is cheap but it does the job and its not to heavy. i broke a section to and it was very cheap to replace it

Comment

Originally posted by andywed87 View Post
                        ive got the hot spot mate, it is cheap but it does the job and its not to heavy. i broke a section to and it was very cheap to replace it
                        how the hell did you break that they like steel rods (mobby dick still around huh)
                        as for the margin stick spend a little bit more get a lot buy a Shimano Technium XTA 950 Margin strong as hell.stronger than my prestons edge and ive had a 30lb 2oz on that
                        Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Working...
                        X