Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

crows foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crows foot

hi just bought a second hand pole and it has got crows feet could somebody tell me how to the best way to fit your main line to this??

There you go pongo.

[COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

right o cheers, is it better than a stonfo connection?

Comment

pongo I think so when using a stonfo i use to weaken the elastic when tightening up and i had it snap at that point since using the crows feet ive not had any problems also it doesn't cost anything.
        Steve Davies

Comment

I have recently switched over to the crows foot and its the best thing i have ever done. I feel more in touch as the elastic is straight through to the line. However there is a little wear on the elastic around the knot and this is easily remedied by tying another
          [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

i have noticed that a lot of the lads are putting their rig line straight to the elastic?
            i have always put dakron to the elastic then fix my rig line to the dakron,cuz i have always thought that the line cuts in to the elastic
            [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

BBB, i have used this method on elastics from a number 4 solid to 20 hollow and have never had it cut through. The good thing with this method is that you don't get tangles and every year take a small amount of the winder and retie the knot.
              Steve Davies

Comment

really just thought it would cut in to the elastic?
                but if it is tryed and tested then you must be right sorry but just something i have always done.
                [CENTER][/CENTER][SIZE="4"]The carrot is out there:eek: wiltshire mafia:eek: [/SIZE]

Comment

I think as long as you check the crows foot and the laccy behind it regularly then go with what you are comfortable with.
                  [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

I think you are right in going with what you know and what you feel comfortable in doing.

Comment

The dacron is even better than the crows foot because it sits the other side of the knot in the elastic - this gives a smoother pull of the elastic and results in less bumped fish. I used the crows foot for over 15 years before moving to the dacron and loop system.
                      Simon Young
                      Admin
                      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

the only reson that i use it that way is,when i first started out on the pole i was using a stonflo but a friend of mine that has his own shop, you may know him oneabung tony ricson.
                        he showed me how to do it with the dacron and i have never looked back, it is smoother and yes you dont bump off so many fish.
                        when we was using the stonflo we used to call it the (death rattle)when you would bump the fish off at least the way i fish now no one hears me lose the fish now lol..........

Comment

crows/dacron

i used crows foot for years with no bother on either solids or hollow then one session got snagged on a three solid and pulled for a break and the laggy went linehad cut through . movedon to dacron on all solids but happy with crows foot on hollows. hope thishelps.
                          the carrot bites back:D
                          ooh you are awful!!

Comment

thanks for all the advice on the crows foot used it last sunday with purple hydro thought it was great have now done the same to my two other, power top twos. still not sure weather to do the same with my match kits....as these have 5 and 7 solid latex

Comment

i must admit to not liking my line straight on to the elastic.I use a piece of dental floss and put the crows foot on that presume its something like using darcon but not really had much experience with larger elastics 1.2s.3s 4s works perfect when i go for big fish and use a 5 i revert to stonfos just habit really maybe i should try darcon
                              In darkness we do what we can
                              In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Working...
                              X