Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

milo pull bungs -BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milo pull bungs -BEWARE

just puchased three milo pull bungs and on fitting found massive design fault. the tube which carries the elastic is glued inside a hole in the bung and on applying pressure on the elastic i.e. like a large fish the glue gave and the tube slid further up the pole out of reach even though the bung never moved. on closer inspection they all did this. coincidently i also purchased a preston pulla bung and this is far superior in design. the tube fits inside a recess in the bung and can not move up the pole under pressure. so just wasted and binned £15 worth of rubbish. cant believe the design team at milo could make such a gaffe. you have been warned and i,m glad i found out now and not while playing a match winner!!
    the carrot bites back:D
    ooh you are awful!!

Would the shop not take them back?
    MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

i cut them all to fit my pole before i spotted the fault
      ooh you are awful!!

Comment

I'd still take them back, cut or uncut they're still faulty. The negative feedback may even solve a manufacturing problem if the shop were to complain to milo.
        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Hmmm, good spot there C.T.

I have just opened the packet on a new Milo pull bung and gave the tube a bit of a shove, and yep, it shifted up through the bung.It did take a reasonable amount of pressure to shift it , but shift it did.

I'll be putting some araldite on mine and checking out the Preston jobbies when the time comes to re-new.

I should add that I have used the Milo bungs for a good while , with no problems when actually fishing and I know plenty of guys who are using them with no trouble.It don't inspire confidence though does it !!

Comment

i'ltake them back tommorrow and your right confidence is a big thing i just wouldn't be happy with one now.
            ooh you are awful!!

Comment

what are peoples thoughts on the preston ones pull bungs that is not the ones that come out of the side.

Comment

Originally posted by feeder
                what are peoples thoughts on the preston ones pull bungs that is not the ones that come out of the side.
                far superior give them ago and they are pound cheaper
                ooh you are awful!!

Comment

I have used them for ages without any problems, however now you have said this I will put a dob of araldite into all of them. Thanks for the tip off.
                  Simon Young
                  Admin
                  Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                  web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
                  X