Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Squatt fishing pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squatt fishing pole

I'm looking for a pole for my squatting so I'm looking for something stiff light and thin - any suggestions ... doesnt need to be longer than 13M
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Squatt pole

Hi oneabung, for the last 8 years I have used a DAM FUTRON 13.7mtr for all my canal fishing. This is a proper small fish pole although I've had carp and dragged big chub from brambles on it no probs. It's light as a feather and really thin. Good for a soft no.8 elastic but using it with a 2 or a 3 it really is the business. A lot of the cut cracks used to use them when cuts were popular! Think you still may be able to get one from Fishermans Friend (0121 420 2925). Universal top threes fit without any probs so doesnt cost a furtune to have a good set up. You may be able to get a second hand one off here for the right money.

Comment

I'll second that actually, Micky Basset uses one of those, and he's one of the very best squatt anglers I've ever had the pleasure of being beaten by lol.
      [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Whats a squatt. .
        http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

mmmmn im gonna thump im........
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Last edited by andy222; 5 August 2007, 09:33 PM.
            http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

i use a D.A.M tectron for canals (tho not many over ere) ditto the above for a futron trothy's always advertising em also have a look out for a Preston RS80

Comment

Anyone had their hands on the new Colmic 5000 apparently its supposed to be the absolute business but cant find anyone round here that stocks them.
                Simon Young
                Admin
                Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

ive used the browning canal pro is it? anyway stiff and light. good for canals. Problem is though its 9.5m and it was cut back a bit. The man that let me try it for a few fish caught a nice weighty net of roach and perch tho.

Hope i helped, more than likely not tho :s
                  [COLOR="Red"][B]If anyone knows any under 16's fishing clubs near stoke on trent, please pm me :p [/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Hi oneabung have a word with your mate lash i am sure he has just bought the colmic 5000 to replace his torny pro

Comment

Working...
                    X