Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

!!!!!!!!!!!!!garbolino!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!garbolino!!!!!!!!!!

To everyone considering purchasing a a garbolino max pole!!!!!. if your in the market to buy a garbolino pole, beware and ignore this at your peril!!
    this is not a rant but a serious warning. i have been an avid follower of the brand for a number of years, owning some of the best pole available at set price brackets( in my opionon )2x796, 1xG10, Koi ect.i have been the first on the bank to promote the poles, spares and aftersales... in my opion this was second to none. Not no more!

After upgrading or so i thought from a G10 to a gmax 1000 (oh and i bought a gmax carp as well) the poles both arrived at the tackle shop, the 1000 turned up and this is wot i had purchased.....

1)pole which came complete with old super g holdall ( not wot i was expecting ) guess they couldnt sell em.....
    2)protctive tubes that was not long enough so therefore they didnt protect the pole 2" too short!!
    3)sections that are not round! and have high and low points.
    4)sections that look like they have been made out off ends of carbon cloth...
    5) sections that did not fit.
    6)top kits that are suposed to tack a 6 elastic with no need of cutting back but then dont work, its like fishing with a pole crook!
    Oh yes and when the 14.5 meter section breaks on the first outing they refuse to replace it and send you a generic letter, the insident was captured on video and is in the process of going on U TUBE to show you wot your up against. they said it wasnt a fault with the pole!!!!! you pays your money you take your chance. im gutted by there response. and if i can prewarn any then its a good job done.... Tight lines...Please pm me if you have had any issues with the products. tight lines

hello mate, did you except the pole as it was? or did you have another pole and the 14.5m section broke?
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

a friend has also had a very bad experience with garbolino after buying a g8,broke 10 sections up to now,and is well and truely fed up with it snapping for no reason,for example lifting up to check his bait still on.garbolino don't want to know

Comment

how was your 796 pole mate did you have any problems with it

Comment

I had a g10 and the number 5 section broke clean in half for no reason the first time i used it. Stick with Daiwa FACT.

Comment

Apparently neil machin snapped his garbo in the fisho final,not sure how,or if he had a fish on or not.
            Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Lesson to be learnt.
              Check the pole before you leave the shop with it. If your'e not happy with it refuse to accept the thing and demand your money back if youv'e already paid.
              Quite surprised at Garbolino they have a good reputation and i had a 995 which i never had any bother with.
              Go onto one of the other forums, i think Darren Cox is a member on matchfishing scene and pm him with your rant.
              I would.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

not quite sure wot u ment mate, if you ment did iaccept the pole as it was in the shop, yes both of them on the understanding it would be sorted between the shop and the manufacturer.
                Last edited by pinocchio; 30 July 2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I'm glad i got rid of my Gmax 1000 I now have the colmic x5000 and what a great pole.

Hope you get yours sorted mate

Comment

To be totally honest/unbiased call it wot you like i have been fishing with garbolino poles for the last 5 years and never had any problems, well i have but theve been sorted within it 2-3 weeks i had a number 8 section break on my g10 twice £280 for a new section. on the first time of using it. they replaced it no questions!!! excellaent!! service. and a few other minor problems and they was sorted!! ace you think. till my last purchase which is appauling!! as for darren cox errm im sure he'll read my post on there to...its my aim to inform as many people as possible to wot ive expiernced. please keep the posts coming....... tight lines boys. and good luck!!!!

Comment

NOT 1 Found it to be very good! that good i bought 2!!! still got 1!!! which is collecting dust!! id still be using it if it want for the fact it said garbolino on it!!

Comment

yeah good move!! me thinks if this is the problem a sponsored angler has wot can the rest of you do!!!! ( Aint sponsord no more!!)

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
                          Apparently neil machin snapped his garbo in the fisho final,not sure how,or if he had a fish on or not.
                          If its owt like mine it was checking my bait!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyJ View Post
                            I had a g10 and the number 5 section broke clean in half for no reason the first time i used it. Stick with Daiwa FACT.
                            i had 3 sections on my G 10 break 2 number 8s and a five but to befair these was replaced no problem!! that was why i have been loyle till now any issues have been sorted in 3 weeks tops!! thats why i cant belive it!!

Comment

It may be like when they first bought out the G10, I remember sitting on a winter league (OK it was very windy) but three lads that had them all broke them that day now that cant be a coincidence! I think they made the first batch a bit too stiff and adjusted it for the following poles. BTW that Colmic X5000 once you have tried it you won't be looking elsewhere!
                              Simon Young
                              Admin
                              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
                              X