Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

tri-cast trilogy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tri-cast trilogy?

Now that it's been around for a few months, I was wondering what the owners of the tri-cast trilogy thought of them?. And how they compare them to other top end poles like the garbo g1000max and the airity. I've a tourney pro at the moment and would appreciate any thoughts on changing it.

HI just see you where asking a bout the trilogy,i have had one now for 2 months ,the best way to tell you how good this pole is if you have ,,had a look at the pro x well it is better by 15%.it is thinner and stronger better to hold,, i was at a tackle shop yesterday and they can not get them fast a nuff,the shop told me the anglers are selling the pro ., to buy a trilogy i my self had hold of the pro x ,,yesterday and have to say not as good,one more thing the trilogy only need,s elastic in you number one it is that strong a number one on a tri cast is a number two on all other poles i hope this helps you ..---------mike

Comment

Have you measured it?

Comment

big jake
        ive had mine about 4 months and its brilliant. havent measured it nathan but seems about the same as other 16m poles on the bank, will get the tape out this weekend. A very reliable piece of kit. great wall strength, fantastic balance, tip speed is excellent for pellet fishing with no bounce. Ive had a lot of carp 5-9lb on it and it doesnt even wince. i do a lot of bream fishing with it, light elastics (no 5) and its fantastic ,stiff match kits so the elastic works properly, just removed the flick tip, then cut the power tops down to the same length, only removed about 8 inch and gives a good bore for all the biggest of elastics, although i dont go above a 16 solid as i find this controls most lumps.

Comment

I have the Finesse,thinking of getting the Trilogy,i heard that the top kits interchange,would the no4 section(tricast 3)
          also fit,or just the power top 2/match top 3?
          Also Breamaster;what bushes are you using on the matchtop with flicktip removed?,ive been using the black preston
          hollo bush(fits straight on),but sometimes i have trouble with the elastic hanging out 3 inches,even when its set correctly.
          Thanks

Comment

I use maver internal bushes , i think to fit inside the match kit top 2 its a 3.5 or 4mm bush, put a dab of glue around the internal wall. Then cut my power tops to the same length, lost about 8 inches off power tops. I find these bushes more than adequate for the biggest of elastics and its better to have a bush with a much wider bore so the elastic runs smoothly.

Comment

HI to all i have the trilogy there is nothing out there that is as good here is sum info THE TRILOGY IS THAT GOOD I HAD SENSAS 774 SOLD IT FOR THE TRILOGY,THE POLE IS 16.5M YOU GET THE BEST HOLDALL YOU HAVE EVER HAD THE POLE COMES WITH MATCH KIT IN POLE
              1 X MATCH TOP 4 KIT
              3 X MATCH KIT TOP 3 KITS, AND
              3 X BIG BORE TOP 2 KITS
              1 X 800CM EXT (TAKES POLE TO 16M)
              1 X EXTRA STIFF CUPPING TOP 2 AND 2 CUPS
              1 X DELUXE HOLDALL & TUBES & ANGLERS TOWEL
              PROMOTION = MATCH TOP 3 OR BIG BORE TOP 2
              PRICE £1999 IF YOU RING Highfield Angling ON 01204 572219 one more thing they have a shot number 3 for the pole now and the pole is now supper stiff i hope this help all the best ---mike

Comment

Is there any noticable difference in balance at 16m when using a match top with the flick tip removed or using the power tops with 8" removed? What would be the maximum elastic ratings in either set up?

Comment

BIG JAKE ,im getting one after christmas i think my mate who is emigrating to australia in feb has given me first option on it and it has extra kits,hes loaded im having most of his stuff,so all mine will be going in january,iv been thinking about getting the airity but after a lot of help [big col] etc on site i am going for it i think,hes got all tri-cast stuff,rive box the lot,and as he owes me a massive favour,he said i can have it really cheap,all my christmases have come at once happy days

Comment

so kev what are you selling!!! theres a trilogy just come up for £1300 a couple of top kits down but worth it i reckon if its in pukka nick
                    which i reckon it is.....

Comment

thats cheap mate i will the end of this month be selling tourny pro 14tops,carbon active rods tdr reels lots and lots of top tackle it will all be going for sale last week in january loads of stuff i pick all my new gear up the end of next week and i cant wait

Comment

Good luck Kev
                        Although you dont seem to need it
                        Dont get all that New Gear Dirty mate
                        Happy New Year to you & everyone else on here
                        Colin

Comment

Working...
                        X