Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

What is the best margin pole to get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best margin pole to get??

Hi all.

Ive put a few threads on here now and ive always had loads of help and advice so hope i get the same again.
    Im wanting to get a margin pole for carp fishing and i was wondering what you all think is the best one to get and why??

Thanks guys

What budget are you on and what sort of length you after matE?
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

hello mate. no budget and as for the length i would want as long as poss for my money. maybe a spare top with it too. what have you got in mind??

Comment

hi topbait.
        bought my lad a maver totality 6.8 metre pole, he has put 20s hollow core elastic in it.
        been to skeg for 2 weeks fishing, he has had 520lb of fish on it ranging from 4oz roach to 13lb carp.
        he came out with us 5 times in a fortnight and that was a conservitive estimate of the fish he had.
        not bad for an 11 year old.
        well worth a buy at £49.99, shop around you may get one cheeper.
        all the best steve.

Comment

Middy white knuckle 6m. 1 top kit with 10 elastic, power top 2 with 24 elastic £40
          Yank'n'bank
          Shimano Beastmaster 8m £150 (Could pull in a truck!!)
          [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

just had a look at them. the yank n bank looks a good bit off kit. not to much money and you get a good package off them.

Comment

can easily buy
              spares aswell

Comment

Match poles,margin poles,maver poles,preston margin poles,preston poles,garbolino poles,pole fishing,daiwa,fishing poles,leeda assassin pole,middy battlezone pole,middy white knuckle pole,drennan margin pole,preston cxr margin pole
                Have a look here mate

Comment

I had a Yank n Bank and the no4's are rubbish, i had 3 shatter on me just landing fish. I've now replaced it with a Beastmaster and that will drag the fish and the snags in together.

Comment

id use one that you can fish the margins with.
                    talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

The most popular margin poles according to all the similar posts like this.

Shimano, Garbolino, Drennan, Daiwa.
                      I would add to this list anything by Tri-cast, the original Preston/Lerc edge, and the Browning margin master aggressor.
                      Fully agree with cartersdad about the Daiwa yank and bank not being robust enough.
                      You'll always get anglers saying "well i've got a blah blah blah and i've never had a problem with it" but they might not ever test it to anywhere near it's limits.
                      Largely speaking the bigger brands will make the better product because they put more into R&D and expect to sell more. None of them would want to market a product that could potentially tarnish their reputations.
                      MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

yank and bank pro x is the best margin pole,but for anything over brown hydro and .30 lne wud get beastmaster

Comment

iv had a 25lb+ carp on my beastmaster ,the yank and bank break on the 4th ,also my mate has just got the new tri-cast margin it is expensive,and it has broke twice ,and he sets it up correctly they did replace the parts ok

Comment

The yank and bank pro x dont break

Comment

OK as has been stated allready the preston lerc edge, 34lb carp on it no problem (took a bit of time though). Had a go with a tri cast 2k4 xrs 9m this is the strongest margin pole out there rated 25 laggy but remember this is tri cast we are talking about and they recomend you elasticate the top section only. These two sticks leave the rest miles behind.
                              Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Working...
                              X