Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

daiwa big v pole rollers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daiwa big v pole rollers

Hi chaps,
    does anyone use these rollers?
    I've just ordered some online from fosters.
    They're supposed to retail at £50 each,but fosters are doing a deal and selling them for £50 a pair plus £5 postage,seems like a great bargain! So,if any of you are in the market for some new rollers,it's well worth a look. I'll let you know what I think when they arrive. Happy days! ;-)
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Hi Paul, they are good rollers, nice and big - but mine seem to fall over quite alot, you can weigh them down which does tend to help.

Comment

Hi tiddler,thanks for that mate-looks like I'll be taking a couple of extra bags of groundbait with me then,eh? They do look nice and big,though.
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Ok,the rollers arrived yesterday and they're top quality-very big when set up at full height,but you can set them up as tall or short as you like-they seem fairly stable,but as tiddler said above,may need a bit of ballast at full height-there is a hook underneath to hang bags on. There's even a spirit level on the top to ensure it's all level-nice touch! There's a handle on the tripod to wind the roller up and down a bit at a time to make fine adjustments-a good idea when setting two rollers up. The rollers come supplied in a team daiwa bag each,but they both actually fit in one,which saves a bit of space in the carryall! I just want to praise fosters aswell,I ordered the rollers on friday-bearing in mind it's august bank holiday weekend-and they arrived first thing tuesday morning,that's great service! Well done fosters of birmingham-i'll be back! Now,just gotta get some time off work to actually use the rollers! Happy days! ;-)
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

hi paul.
          what about taking a couple of those collapsable water containers that campers use ?,fill em with lake water when you arrive,and hang off your rollers as ballast.easy to transport,at the end of the day fold em and put into your net bag for next time.
          regards 2TS
          ANGLING ATHLETE, CARLSBERG TETLEY AC.

Comment

Hi 2ts,top idea mate,thanks for that. Off to ebay I go ;-)
            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Maybe you could do as i do, i got a luggage strap and took the hooks off. Then tied them into a loop and through a brolly peg, peg into floor then band onto base of roller. Clamps it well down, adjust the band as you wish.
              Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

the luggage straps sound like a winner. I have been carrying a couple of 2lb weights from some dumbells for mine with a bit of wire on them

Comment

I don't have these rollers, I have the crappy Maver Competition one, and a couple of Preston Super Prov V's which are brilliant. There has been times when I thought the roller was going to blow over, so I ended up drilling a hole thru' each leg, about 10mm diameter, then buying some of the Fox Bivvy pegs (approx £1ea) and I now peg the roller down every match - this obviously isn't an option when your placing the roller on concrete but you could always hand your pole holdall from the hook beneath the roller.

£5 on a set of pegs Vs breaking a £300+ section is a no brainer!

Hope this helps.

Comment

Cheers chaps,some good ideas there,as always ;-)
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                    X