Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Seat Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Box

Hi lads, I'm 20st and virtually disabled, cant afford a good posh one , what do you think of this
    RS 3 DRAW FISHING SEAT BOX BRAND SALE WHILE STOCKS LAST on eBay (end time 23-Sep-10 15:19:40 BST)
    Looks ok to me but wanted to here your thoughts.

Stuff like seat boxes,you get what you pay for, that box looks very nice, but I'd be dubious of the build quality, and how well it would support you. Without being rude, you are a big lad!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Go on ebay & buy a 6 or 8 draw Boss Box with a trolley system, tough as old boots & will take your weight buts its hand built quality that will last for years. cheers John
      John

Comment

Rude Luke ? no,i normally get "come on you fat Bas**rd" and that's off the kids LOL.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, do you need any mobility for your disability? There is a website devoted to disabled fishing, some good articles on it, taught me how to elasticate a pole. Maybe they have a forum where you could ask the same question?
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Also have a look on ebay for a 2nd hand Brilo box, they are light but very strong and also hand built in England and last forever. Also another vote for the old Boss box as they are solid.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
              If you don't mind me asking, do you need any mobility for your disability? There is a website devoted to disabled fishing, some good articles on it, taught me how to elasticate a pole. Maybe they have a forum where you could ask the same question?
              I can walk about 20 yards (when pushed)on crutches, but have a mobility scooter for the flatter areas( like down the canal path). What was the web site Luke, I'll look it up.

Comment

Hello Mate,

Look, if i was disabled then stability would be the no 1 priority. you dont want to do yourself any harm. why dont you look at secnd hand brilo, boss, rive and milo boxes.

regds stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick120 View Post
                  I can walk about 20 yards (when pushed)on crutches, but have a mobility scooter for the flatter areas( like down the canal path). What was the web site Luke, I'll look it up.
                  disabled-angler
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi maverick,there's a couple of guys on here that are disabled anglers,but I can't remember the usernames-they'd be able to give you sound advice on a box and also scooter friendly fisheries local to you. (Reels on wheels rings a bell,I think one of the guys uses that as his signature) maybe pm one of the mods,they'd know. Hope you find a box that suits you. ;-)
                    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                    X